Now proposal of scrap of GST Audit has taken in union budget 2021
1. Scope of GST Audit under section 65 has been increased
2. As per Departmental information massive cases will be taken in GST Audit as per section 65
So all the professionals and consultant are preparing and update yourself to accept challenge faced in GST Audit under section 65
What are the challenge in Departmental GST Audit?
1. To carry out return scrutiny as per books of accounts and return file during the financial year, both return as per section 37 and as per section 39.
2. Check all the document prepare as comply GST Rules i.e
3. Check all the other documents are matched with Audited books of accounts.
Audit by Tax Authorities
Audit:-means the examination of records, returns and other documents maintained or furnished by the registered person under this Act or the rules made thereunder or under any other law for the time being in force to verify the correctness of turnover declared, taxes paid, refund claimed and input tax credit availed, and to assess his compliance with the provisions of this Act or the rules made thereunder. [Section 2(13)]
AUDIT BY TAX AUTHORITIES [SECTION 65]
Power to conduct the audit:-
Where to conduct the audit:-
Time period prior to conduct the audit:-
Time limit for completion of audit:-
How to conduct audit:-
During the course of audit, the authorised officer may require the registered person:-
1. to facilitate the verification of accounts/records available or requisitioned by the authorities,
2. to provide such information as the authorities may require for the conduct of the audit, and
3. to render assistance for timely completion of the
Conclusion of Audit:-
1. The proper officer shall finalize the findings of the audit after due consideration of the reply furnished by registered person to audit observation brought to his notice during the course of
2. On conclusion of audit, the proper officer shall within 30 days inform the registered person whose records are audited, about the findings, his rights and obligations and the reasons for such findings.
3. Where the audit results in detection of tax not paid or short paid or erroneously refunded, or input tax credit wrongly availed or utilized, the proper officer may initiate action under section 73 or section