Following is the summary of changes proposed to be implemented in the E-way bill generation system. For detailed Read the following post- 4 Forthcoming changes in e-Waybill system
Auto Calculation of Route distance based on PIN code for generation of E-way bill
- User will be allowed to increase the distance, however it will be limited only upto 10% more than the displayed distance.
- In case source and destination PINS are same, distance upto 100 KMS can be entered.
- In case PIN is invalid, system shall display as INVALID PIN. Such instances shall be flagged by the system for review by department.
Blocking of Generation of multiple E-way bills on one invoice/document
- Any party (Consignor, Consignee or Transporter) shall be able to generate only one E-way bill on the basis on an invoice.
- One invoice, one E-way bill policy is followed.
Extension of E-way bill in case consignment is in transit
- While going for extension, system shall prompt “consignment in transit or in movement.
- On selection of “In transit”, Address details of place need to be provided
- On selection of “in movement”, Place and vehicle details from where extension is required.
Blocking of Interstate Transaction for Composition Dealers.
- Next version shall not allow Composition dealers to generate E-way bill for inter-state movement of goods.
- They will not be allowed to enter details of CGST and SGST
- Document type – Tax Invoice shall not be enabled.