- Bank details not to be provided while filing registration application by Normal, OIDAR & NRTP Taxpayer
- Normal, OIDAR & NRTP Taxpayers applying for a fresh registration application, are now not required to give bank details, while filing it. They can give this detail later on by filing a non-core amendment of registration application.
2. Non-Core Amendment of Registration for GSTP
- Facility has been provided on the GST Portal to GSTPs, for applying for Non-Core Amendments in their Registration.
- Reply to SCN for compulsory withdrawal from Composition Scheme
- If proceedings for compulsory withdrawal from Composition Scheme is initiated by a Tax Official, against a composition taxpayer, then composition taxpayer can now reply to such SCN issued on GST Portal.
- (refer Rule 6(5) of the CGST Rules, 2017 & Form GST CMP -06)
- Preferred banks list for taxpayer for making payment
- Now upto 6 preferred banks will be shown to a taxpayer while making e-Payment on GST Portal.
- When Taxpayer makes the first payment from GST portal, the selected bank will automatically get updated in the Preferred Banks list.
- Every time Taxpayer will make payment from a different bank it will be updated in the Preferred Banks list.
- When a Taxpayer already having 6 banks in its preferred banks list, makes a payment with 7th bank, then that 7th bank will be added in the preferred banks and the least used bank will be removed from the list.
- Taxpayer can delete any of the preferred banks at any point of time.
5. Registration- For Taxpayer
- In some suo moto cancelled registrations, the respective taxpayers were not able to open the application of revocation of cancelled registration. This defect has been fixed and error of “access denied” has been resolved. These taxpayers can now access and file application of revocation of canceled registration.
- In track application status of Registration (after a Registration Application has been filed) the wordings of message having texts on screen “in 7 days” has been replaced by “in 7 working days”.
6. Registration- For Taxpayer
- Error message for taxpayers has been corrected, when taxpayer is trying to get their username through forgot username functionality (when authorized signatory has been changed by the tax officials).
- Error message for taxpayers for first time login has been corrected. Thus instead of message “invalid username or password. Please try again” new message which will come will be “enter valid username”.
7. Registration- For Tax official
- Error coming to Tax Officials of Model I States while fetching data of tax payer ledger, from the date of Registration to date of approval, has been fixed.
- Error coming to Tax Officials of Model I States, while changing Authorized Signatory for Cancelled taxpayers, has been fixed. Now they can update authorized signatory for cancelled taxpayers.
- Error coming to Tax Officials of Model I States, while trying to fetch details via Get Taxpayer Details functionality has been fixed.
- Error related to suo moto applications and Revocation Application not visible in tax official dashboard, due to count mismatch of pending tasks, has been fixed