It can’t be nullified that India has endured a permanent misfortune with leaving of a charming national pioneer like Lt. Sh. Atal Bihari Vajpayee. An astute negotiator, adroit financial specialist, candid statesman, a speaker second to none and a generous pioneer, Sh. Vajpayee has left the entire nation lamenting behind him and petitioning God for the tranquility of the reverend soul.
It is without question that the nation had seen consistent GDP growth of over 8% amid Vajpayee government. Sh. Vajpayee was without a doubt the true blue precursor of the past PM Narasimha Rao’s New Economic Policy of 1991. Other than taking pathbreaking choices in regard of fiscal consolidation, economic adjustment, and infrastructural growth, the Vajpayee organization had laid a few rules for the progressive governments in presenting some excellent economic changes and strategies. To name a few, we have GST Registration, Aadhaar, and Udyog Aadhaar Registration.
Given beneath are a portion of the critical economic arrangements of the present period that were actualized by previous Prime Minister Lt. Sh. Atal Bihari Vajpayee or have now developed from his proposed plans.
Goods and Service Tax
GST registration and GST return recording have turned out to be essential parts of each business since the presentation of the CGST Act on first July 2017. Unquestionably, GST is one of most ergonomic measures in the historical backdrop of free India that has made the framework all the more good for the trade and business of India. In any case, it is known to not very many nationals that the idea of “One Nation-One Tax” was advanced by Sh. Vajpayee and the possibility of Goods and Services Tax (GST) were proposed by him.
- Atalji affirmed this idea in 1999 amid a meeting between him and his economic advisory council, which constituted of 3 previous RBI governors IG Patel, Bimal Jalan and C Rangarajan.
- In 2002, the Kelkar Committee was shaped under Vijay Kelkar for usage of this clever thought. The Committee had suggested take off of GST in 2005 yet it was any way deferred.
- Indeed, Ravi Dasgupta board of trustees set up in 2000 had proposed back-end innovation and coordination for GST. This is currently known as the GST Network or GSTN.
- The present government has thoroughly attempted to make the arrangement of GST registration and GST return documenting technique absolutely favorable for the taxpayers and in addition idiot proof for the specialists through standard alterations in the consequent GST meeting.
Since long, duplication, defilement, theft and other such foul trade practices were a grave ailment for the Indian economy.
- This malevolence had stagnated the growth of intensity and quality. The past laws had tried to check the malpractices in a trade just up to a specific degree. It was simply after the presentation of the Trademark Act in 1999 that a solid advance was taken to check the deceptive trade practices.
- This complete law that was brought into impact amid the Vajpayee organization was the revoking of the Trade and Merchandise Marks Act, 1958.
- Today, a Trademark Registration is an essential prerequisite before organization development or while propelling a new brand. One can utilize the ™ image over his brand in the wake of getting the Trademark Registration.
As one of the basic verifications of character, Aadhaar has complex purposes, for example, a legitimate ID-confirmation, Date of Birth evidence and confirmation of address.
- The possibility of a Unique Identification Number (UIN) was conceived after the Kargil War (1999) when the Kargil Review Committee sent its answer to Sh. Atal Bihari Vajpayee, in January 2000.
- It had recommended that nationals dwelling in towns of outskirt locales must be issued ID-cards. Subsequently, such ID cards issued to all individuals of outskirt states.
- Therefore, the GoM headed by then home pastor Sh. Lal Krishna Advani in May 2001 endorsed proposal for a “multi-reason National Identity Card”.
- Later on, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) was shaped in 2009. In 2010, the Aadhaar UIN card was propelled. The Aadhaar enrolment process appropriately started in September 2014.
- Today, Aadhaar has been connected with a few other government-run plans, for example.
- Coordinate Benefit Transfer Scheme, which goes for exchanging the sponsorship money to the beneficiary’s financial balance specifically. This has likewise been connected with PAHAL LPG Subsidy Scheme.
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, that tries to make moderate access of all nationals to money-related services like ledgers, settlements, credit, protection, and benefits.
- Udyog Aadhaar MSME registration: interlinking of Aadhaar UIN with MSME registration that has been talked about in detail.
Udyog Aadhaar MSME registration
- Linking Aadhaar UIN with MSME registration led to the emergence of the Udyog Aadhaar MSME registration in 2015.
- Today, you require not get into the late printed material for an MSME registration. Rather you have to give data, for example, your Aadhaar UIN, Name of Owner, Business Name and activity, Type of Organization and Bank account Details, and you will have the capacity to enroll your firm right away.
The Foreign Exchange Management Act-1999
- This act was the substitution of the prior Foreign Exchange Regulation Act (FERA)- 1973.
- The target of FEMA-1999 was to coordinate and change the laws relating to foreign exchange and encouraging as opposed to simple regulation of outer trade and installments.
- This Act was passed by the Vajpayee government to guarantee the efficient growth and upkeep of foreign exchange markets in India.
These are a portion of the extraordinary changes presented in Sh. Vajpayee’s term as PM that has changed the idea of economic growth in India. These changes have established the frameworks for the ongoing growth-arranged measures that have taken India ahead.
What If Income Tax Return Not Filed?