Mumbai Police Commissioner prohibits movement of any person in public using any vehicle, unless a sticker (Red, Green, Yellow colour) of circular shape of 6 inches diameter of the following description is affixed visibly on the front screen and rear screen of the vehicle, and in the case of two-wheelers on a visible portion on the front and rear, for the movement of the vehicle freely in the lockdown areas. Full text of his order is as follows:-
THE COMMISSIONER OF POLICE, GREATER MUMBAI
(UNDER SECTION 144 OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE CODE, 1973)
1. WHEREAS, in exercise of powers, conferred under Section 2 of the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897, read with all other enabling provisions of the National Disaster Management Act, 2005, the Government of Maharashtra, issued directions vide notification No. DMU/2020/CR.92/DisM1, Dated : 13th April, 2021 (“Break The Chain”) to take certain emergency measures to prevent and contain the spread of COVID-19, and to enforce these measures throughout the state from 8 PM on 14th April, 2021 till 7 AM on I’ May, 2021,
2. Whereas, an order under section 144 of the CrPC has been issued dated 14th April 2021, by the undersigned, to observe the directions issued by the Government of Maharashtra in the above mentioned notification No. DMU/2020/CR.92/DisM-1, Dated : 13th April, 2021 (“Break The Chain”),
3. Whereas, in the notification No. DMU/2020/CR.92/DisM-1, Dated : 13th April, 2021 (“Break The Chain”) issued by the Government of Maharashtra, movement of any person in public place without valid reasons has been prohibited, save for those services and activities that are exempted in that notification, in case of which movement is to be unrestricted,
4. THEREFORE, I, Chaitanya. S., Dy. Commissioner of Police (Operations), Greater Mumbai, and Executive Magistrate, vide powers conferred upon me u/sec 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code, 1973 (Act 11 of 1974) r/w the order of Commissioner of Police, Greater Mumbai, dated 23/12/1959 u/s 10 sub section (2) of the Maharashtra Police Act, 1951 (Mah. Act XXII of 1951), with a view to prevent danger to human life, health or safety, do hereby, promulgate an order under section 144 of the CrPC, in the areas under the control of Commissioner of Police, Greater Mumbai, prohibiting movement of any person in public using any vehicle, unless a sticker of circular shape of 6 inches diameter of the following description is affixed visibly on the front screen and rear screen of the vehicle, and in the case of two-wheelers on a visible portion on the front and rear, for the movement of the vehicle freely in the lockdown areas:
A. Red-colour sticker: For the vehicles related to doctors/medical staff, medical services, ambulances, hospitals, diagnostic centres, clinics, vaccination centres, medical insurance offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, other medical and health services including supporting, manufacturing and distribution units along with their dealers, transport and supply chain; manufacturing and distribution of vaccines, sanitizers, masks, medical equipment, their ancillaries, raw material units and support services, veterinary services/animal care shelters;
B. Green-colour sticker: For the vehicles related to transport of eatables/food items such as groceries, vegetables, fruits, dairy products, bakery products, confectionaries and all types of food items in raw or cooked form;
C. Yellow-colour sticker: For the vehicles related to transportation of officers and staff of central, state and local governments, including their statutory authorities and organizations, all public essential services by local authorities, public transport, press/media, water supply services, electric and gas supply services, municipal services, services required for restoration/maintenance of telecom services, e-commerce (only for the supply of essential goods and services), government and private security services, ATMs/banking/financial/insurance services, cargo services, postal services, petrol pumps/petroleum related products, offices of companies providing essential services, any service designated as essential services by local Disaster Management Authority, and all other activities/services exempted in the notification No. DMU/2020/CR.92/DisM- I , Dated : 13th April, 2021 (“Break The Chain”).
5. The stickers as mentioned in the preceding paragraph must be affixed on vehicles by the owners/users of the vehicles themselves on their own. The Police will also issue such stickers on request at the Nakabandi/Checkpoints free of cost to the vehicle owners as per availability.
6. This order shall come into force, in the areas under the control of Commissioner of Police, Greater Mumbai, with effect from 7 AM on 18th April 2021 and will remain in force till 7 AM on 1st May, 2021, unless withdrawn earlier.
7. Any person contravening this order or misusing the sticker by affixing the stickers of above description on a vehicle and moving in public in that vehicle for a reason/service/activity not exempted in paragraph 4(A), 4(B) and 4(C) above and the notification No. DMU/2020/CR.92/DisM-1, Dated : 13th April, 2021 (“Break The Chain”), shall be punishable under section 188 IPC and penal provisions under the Epidemic Diseases Act 1897 and National Disaster Management Act 2005 and with other legal provisions as applicable.
8. As the notice cannot be served individually on all concerned, the order is hereby passed ex-parte. It shall be published for the information of the Public, through the Press, or by affixing copies on the Notice Boards of the Police Stations and offices of the Divisional ACsP and Zonal DCsP.
Given under my hand and seal on this 17th day of April 2021 at Mumbai.
Dy. Commissioner of Police (Operations),
and Executive Magistrate
Office of the
Commissioner of Police, Brihanmumbai.