MSME stands for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. Article explains What are Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise, MSME Registration Process, Benefits of MSME Registration, Time Taken for MSME Registration, Validity of MSME Registration, Time for Updating MSME Registration and also contains FAQ’s on MSME Registration.
MSME are classified into two categories:
1. Manufacturing enterprise; and
2. Service enterprise.
*Trading firms cannot take MSME Registration
They are defined in term of investment in Plant and Machinery/ Equipment as below
|Manufacturing Enterprises||Rs 25,00,000||Less than Rs 5,00,00,000||Less than Rs 10,00,00,000|
|Service Enterprises||Less than Rs 10,00,000||Less than Rs 2,00,00,000||Less than Rs 5,00,00,000|
A single form is to be filed which can be filed online as well as offline.
Information/ Documents Required are:
1. Aadhar number
2. Industry name
4. Bank account details
5. Other common information
6. Investment in Plant & Machinery
7. List of Services provided/ Goods Manufactured
8. No of Employees.
1. Low Bank Interest Rates.
2. MAT Carry forward for 15 years instead of 10 years.
3. Access to more Tenders which are open only to MSME sector.
4. More preference for government license and certification.
5. Subsidy on Patent Registration.
6. Bar Code Registration Subsidy.
For online Registration it takes one day to complete the registration.
MSME registration is valid for indefinite period as long as the business is running. There is no need of renewal of MSME.
MSME Registration can be updated easily. Time taken to update MSME is almost one day.
1. What is Udyog Aadhaar Registration or Udyog Aadhaar certificate ?
MSME is the old name which was changed to Udyog Aadhaar. So the MSME certificate and Udyog Aadhaar certificate are same.
2. Is Aadhaar Number mandatory for MSME Registration?
3. Does new and existing business can apply for MSME registration?
To know more about the MSME schemes. You may contact the author for further information at 9899595719 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The above article is only for information purpose and is on based on the author’s interpretation of the relevant provision. The same should not be considered as professional advice.