For utilizing entire residential place for commercial purposes means to change in utilization.  And it can be done by prior permission of the committee.  In the development rule there is a provision that members are allow to utilize some percent of his residential place for the profession based on their professional education (C.A., Advocate, Doctor, Engineer, Architect etc.). For this no need of prior permission of the society.

Source- Commissioner for Cooperation and Registrar, Cooperative Societies (CC & RCS),Maharashtra State, Pune

Join Taxguru’s Network for Latest updates on Income Tax, GST, Company Law, Corporate Laws and other related subjects.

Join us on Whatsapp

taxguru on whatsapp GROUP LINK

Join us on Telegram

taxguru on telegram GROUP LINK

Download our App


More Under Corporate Law


  1. Anruddh Goel says:

    There is another issue with this is regarding billing of Electricity. Most of the Electric distribution companies are charging separate tariff for domestic and commercial consumption. The rules do not seem to have clear guidelines about user percentage for commercial purposes. Can anyone, particularly in UP guide about it. When I tried to discuss with the UP Poser Corpn authorities, they told it is only 50 Sq Ft which seems to be ridiculous as this area is not sufficient to have a working table and 3 chairs.

  2. sriram says:

    there is a community hall and on rent for functions held in community hall service tax is collected. Now the relatives of family are provided accommodation in residential quarters for the purpose of attending the functions & rent is being collected for that. IS service tax need to paid under Sec 66F – bundled services.


    Whether a residential premises can be used for the following purposes:
    1. As a registered office of a Company,
    2. by a Cost Accountant for his professional practice?

    also, is an approval under Shops & Establishments act required to be taken.

  4. Shilpa says:

    I’m Shilpa from Bangalore. I’m using my rented home for my office partially in which I’m also living. Is it k? Or should I run office in separate place??
    Please guide me…

    With regards,

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Search Posts by Date

February 2024