International Standards Set out the benchmark for all the businesses who are dealing in different products or services that how any process should work. They help businesses by providing specifications for products, services and systems, to ensure that how quality, safety, reliability and efficiency are instrumental in facilitating Trade. It is a kind of authentication or seal of approval by third party which is an international body and clearly states that the company runs to one of the internationally recognised ISO Management Systems.
Benefits of ISO Certification
- ISO Certification helps in gaining customer satisfaction. It ensures customer that whatever product or services they are going to buy are of good quality and proper quality check has been done on this. This will help in building confidence and trust in customer for that particular product or services which ultimately increase the brand value of business
- For entering in global markets or to grab an international market, one needs to have ISO Certification for its business.
- It makes an organization eligible in filing government tenders and also for some industries it is legal or contractual requirement.
- The main feature is Quality Management which help business to improve its credibility and image in the market.
- The certification gets an higher business opportunities which eventually results in continual business improvement day by day.
- Capture market attention easily by following proper quality system.
Please Note Expense on obtaining ISO certificates are revenue expenditure and Fee for ISO Certification is not FTS & not taxable under DTAA
Common Categories of ISO
- ISO 9001 certification ensures that you have proper quality management system implemented in an organization at all areas of the business.
- ISO 14001 certification ensures that organization have implemented environmental management system that make business owners and managers more aware of their environmental responsibilities.
- ISO 10012 specifies generic requirements and provides guidance for the management of measurement processes and metrological confirmation of measuring equipment used to support and demonstrate compliance with metrological requirements.
- OHSAS 18001 specifies that company have effective health and safety management system.
- ISO 20000 is a global standard that specify the requirements for an information technology service management (ITSM) system.
- ISO 22000 certification ensure that organization has effective food safety management.
- ISO 27001 specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving an information security management system within the context of the organization.
- ISO 31000 certification is related to risk management for improving operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- ISO 13485 specifies requirements for a quality management system where an organization needs to demonstrate its ability to provide medical devices and related services that consistently meet customer and applicable regulatory requirements.
- ISO 17025 specifies the general requirements for the competence to carry out tests and/or calibrations, including sampling.
- ISO 11135 specifies requirements for the development, validation and routine control of an ethylene oxide sterilization process for medical devices in both the industrial and health care facility settings, and it acknowledges the similarities and differences between the two applications.
- ISO 26000 provides guidance on how businesses and organizations can operate in a socially responsible way.
- CE MARK is a certification mark that indicates conformity with health, safety, and environmental protection standards for products sold within the European Economic Area(EEA).
- ISO 50001 specifies and supports organizations in all sectors to use energy more efficiently, through the development of an energy management system (EnMS).
There are many other Standards also but above mentioned are the common standards which anyone can have.
Documents Required for ISO Registration
- Copy of PAN Card
- Copy of Aadhar Card or Voter Id
- Passport Size Photograph of the applicant
- Electricity Bill
- Copy of Sale deed in case of owned property
- Rent Agreement in case if the property is rented
- For an organization, Certificate of Incorporation and MOA &AOA is also required.
- An application is to be filed for ISO Certification in which details regarding business is to be provided including registered address, nature of business, number of years in operation etc
- The central ISO company will verify the documents and conducts an audit for confirming whether the company is eligible for certification or not.
- ISO certificate is issued by proper ISO authority for your organization and an audit is conducted every year for ensuring that quality management systems are as per standards.
Validity of ISO Registration
The certificate can be taken for One year or for maximum period of Three years (certain requirements are there).
(Please contact me on [email protected] for further queries)