Do you wish to sell goods to the Government ? If yes, then you can do so by registering on GEM Portal which is a E-marketplace for selling goods to the government through Online bidding. To know more about this, read the complete article.
- E market place set up for procurement and selling of goods and services by Government/PSU’s
- Launched by Commerce and Industry Minister on 9th August, 2016
- Over 150 products categories where about 7400 products listed and Wide range of Services listed on GEM POC Portal
- Transparent, Efficient and secure e- medium for purchasing and selling of goods and services
Benefits and Facilities
- A Complete Paperless, Cashless and Technology Driven portal
- Facilitates procurement and sale of goods and services by Government/PSU’s
- One stop marketplace for buyers to choose among wide range of goods and services
- Return policy available
- One stop solution for sellers for e-bidding/reverse auction on goods/services
- Compare prices from different sellers
- Vendor rating system available on the portal
Buyers under GEM Portal
1. It means Contract Placing Authority, includes-
- Central/State Government Ministries/Departments (Including Attached/ Subordinate officers)
- Central/State Public Sector Units
- Autonomous Bodies acting through Authorized officers for and on behalf of President of India/Government of state/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies
Sellers/Service Providers under GEM Portal
1. It means any legal entity including-
- Sole Proprietorship
- Partnership Firm
- Limited Company
- Other Statutory Bodies
2. It can be either Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or Seller having authorisation to sell products manufactured by OEM in open market
3. In case of Services related to goods also, seller is OEM or Authorised person of OEM.
4. In case of other services, Service provider is legal entity providing services.
Meaning of OEM
It means owner of Brand/Trademark of the product offered for sale or Actual Manufacturer in case of Unregistered brands.
Documents and Information for Registration on GEM Portal
1. For Buyers
Buyers account on GEM can only be created by Head of Department
- Adhaar No.
- Government E-mail ID (Designation based)
- Mobile No. Linked to Aadhaar for OTP
- Review and Agree to Terms and conditions before registration
2. For Sellers
- Registration shall only be done by Authorised person
- PAN of the Entity’s Authorised Person and Entity
- Aadhaar No. and Mobile No. Linked with Aadhaar
- Incorporation certificate (Depends on nature of entity)
- Bank account details
- Registered office details
- Products/ Services to be listed on the portal
- GST No. (In absence of GST No. you will not be able to accept orders beyond INR 2.5 lacs)
- Last 3 years ITR Details (Mandatory if you want to participate in BID/RA)
[Not mandatory if Exempted from filing ITR or incorporated less than 24 months ago]
- DIPP No. and Mobile No. Linked to DIPP (Mandatory for Registration as Startup)
- Udyog Aadhaar No. and Mobile No. Linked with Udyog Aadhaar No.
How to register on GEM Portal
- Above mentioned details are required to be filed on GEM Portal for registration as a buyer
- Only Head of Department can register on the portal
- But after that they can authorise other officers to purchase on portal
- First a User ID is required to be created on the portal.
- After that you are required to fill relevant details regarding entity, goods or services you wish to list of portal, details regarding primary user who will be the key person on the portal and authorisation of secondary users on portal
Source of the article: https://gem.gov.in/