If you are planning to start a food business in India, then it is mandatory to obtain some licenses. One such mandatory license is Eating house license. Let us know about this license through this article.
Meaning and Applicability of Eating House License
- Eating House means a place where any eating place which serves food, drinks for public consumption.
- It includes all dhabas, restaurants, food trucks, hotels, small street shops.
- It is mandatory to have Eating House License for all eating houses.
- It is issued by Respective State Police Department.
Documents required for Eating house license registration
- Identity proof of applicant- (PAN/ Aadhaar/Passport/Voter ID/Driving License)
- Address proof of applicant- (Bank Account statement/Voter ID card/Aadhaar card/Electricity Bill/Telephone Bill/Lease deed/Passport or any other Property ownership documents)
- Registered office proof (Rent/Lease deed or any other Property ownership documents)
- Business Registration Certificate (Depending on business form like Company/LLP/Partnership)
- ID and Address proof of business (Depending on business form like Company/LLP/Partnership)
- Layout plan of the Registered office
- FSSAI License
- GST Registration Certificate
- Affidavit in prescribed format
- Fire and Pollution License
- Environment Clearance Certificate
- Proof regarding connection of water supply, drainage system from Municipal Authority
- Details of Pest control measures
- Details of spaces made available for smoking in the establishment
Documents may vary from state to state and type of industrial activity
Procedure to apply for Eating house license
- To apply eating house license, online application is required to be made with required documents on police department website of respective state.
- After that proceed for paying fees.
- If required, department may ask for any additional documents or information.
- In some states, there is a requirement to visit Additional Commissioner of police for Physical verification of documents.
- Application for this license is jointly verified by different agencies like Municipal Corporations, Pollution control board, Fire service and Police department of respective state.
- After proper inspection and verification from various departments, license will be issued by the police department.
Validity and Fees for Eating house license
- It is generally valid for 3 years. But it may vary from state to state.
- Since it is a state matter, its fees depends on state to state.
- Department has right to cancel this license in case of breach of terms and conditions on basis of which license is issued.
- Duplicate license will be issued by the department in case original license gets damaged, stolen or torn.