MINISTRY OF COMPANY AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 16th March, 2006
G.S.R. 157(E).— In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-sections (5) and (8) of section 25 and sub-section (2) of section 609 read with sub-section (2) of section 610A of the Companies Act, 1956 (1 of 1956), the Central Government hereby makes the following regulations further to amend the Companies Regulations, 1956, namely:-
1. (1) These regulations may be called the Companies (Amendment) Regulations, 2006.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Companies Regulations, 1956, after Part E, the following shall be added, namely:-
Application, documents, licence, etc in the electronic manner.
“27. Any application or document or notice or declaration or statement required to be made or. .filed or furnished or sent or given, as the case may be, by any person under these regulations may also he made or filed or furnished or sent or given, as the case may be, in the electronic manner:
Provided that the provisions of this regulation shall not be applicable to the provisions of regulations 10 and 11 of Part C of these regulations.
28. Any certificate, licence, receipt or endorsement required to be given or granted or made or signed or acknowledged, as the case may be, by Regional Director or Registrar of Companies, may also be given or granted or made or signed or acknowledged as the case may be, in the electronic manner.
29. Any document required or authorised to be registered, recorded or filed by or with the Registrar of Companies under these regulations may he registered, recorded or filed by him in the electronic manner, subject to the compliance of the requirement of regulation 18 of Part E of these regulations.
4 THE GAZE___ i E. OF INDIA : EXTRAORDINARY [PART ll—Src. 3(0]
30. The register or index required to be maintained by the Registrar of Companies pursuant to these regulations may also be maintained in electronic manner.
31. The inspection of documents registered, recorded or filed with Registrar of Companies may also be made in electronic manner through payment of fee in a manner as may be prescribed”.
[F. No. 5/18/2005-CL-V} JITESH KHOSLA, Jt. Secy.
Note :— The Principal regulations were published in the Gazette of India vide number S.R.O. No. 432B dated 18th February 1956 and subsequently amended by :-
1. GSR No. 188
2. GSR No. 399
3. GSR No. 1850
4. GSR No. 1445
5. GSR No. 668
6. GSR No. 523
7. S.O. No. 367(E)
8. GSR No. 924 (E)
9. GSR No. 610 (E)
dated 09th January 1958 dated 24th March 1962 dated 01st December 1966 dated 16th September 1967 dated 10th June 1973 dated 11th July 1.989 dated 31st May 1991 dated 14th December 1992 dated 23rd September 2005