Article discusses Procedure for the appointment of Additional director, Procedure of Regularisation of Additional Director as Normal director and ROC Forms required to be filed for Additional director.
Relevant Sections: [161(1), read with 152, 153, Schedule I Table F Regulation 66 AOA of Companies Act, 2013]
Generally, every director shall be appointed by the members in General Meeting of the Company, but appointment of an Additional Director is an exception to this, accordingly:
1. E Form DIR 3: Application for allotment of DIN
2. DIR 2: Consent to act as a Director
3. DIR 8: Not Disqualified to be appointed as a director.
4. MBP 1: Disclosure of Interest
5. E Form DIR 12: Particulars of appointment of Directors and changes among them.
About the Author
Author is Simran Kaur, working as CS Trainee with Neeraj Bhagat & Co., Chartered Accountants, a Chartered Accountancy firm helping foreign companies in setting up business in India and complying with various tax laws applicable to foreign companies while establishing their business in India.