COMMISSIONER OF SUGAR, PUNE
Request for Expression of Interest (EoI) for Cost Audit and Energy Audit of Co Operative Sugar Factories in Maharashtra.
Cost Audit & Energy Audit for all Co operative Sugar Factories have been made mandatory vides Government of Maharashtra Order No. SGY2011/C.R.359/14-S dated. 8th December 2011. Expression of Interest (EoI) is invited from the interested Firm /Partners/ Cost Accountant for Cost Audit and Firm/Partners/ Energy Auditors for Energy Audit for empanelment –
Firm /Partners/ Cost Accountant or Energy Auditor fulfilling conditions should submit their EoI along with copy of the certificate of practice and other supporting documents (cut of date is 31/12/2011) as per the “Application Format” on or before 17.00 hrs of March 12, 2012.
Details of Scope of work, Application Form and Eligibility Criteria are available on website www.maharashtra.gov.in (in tender section) as well in the office of Commissioner of Sugar, M.S., Pune EoI should be submitted to the Commissioner of Sugar, Maharashtra State, Sakhar Sankul, Shivaji Nagar, Pune – 411 005 by hand / courier / speed post / registered post along with a Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/- of any Nationalised Bank in favour of Commissioner of Sugar, Maharashtra State, Pune.
Applications should be in sealed cover super scribed with “Expression of Interest for Cost Audit / Energy Audit” (as applicable) Commissioner of Sugar will not be responsible for delayed submission for whatsoever reason.
Commissioner of Sugar, Maharashtra State, Pune
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR COST AUDIT
Ref. No. : Date :
The Commissioner of Sugar,
Sakhar Sankul, Shivaji Nagar,
Pune – 411005 (Maharashtra)
Subject: Submission of Expression of Interest for Empanelment with Commissioner of Sugar for Conduct of Cost Audit, reg
This has reference to your advertisement inviting Expression of Interest for Cost Audit, We are pleased to submit herewith our EoI.
1. Name of the firm/ cost accountant with membership no. In case of firm, please also provide total number of partners and details of all partners
2. Registered office address- Tel. No., E-mail ID and Fax No.
3. PAN – Permanent Account Number of persons of Firm
4. Service Tax Registration No –
5. Date of Birth in case of individual and date of incorporation in case of firm.
6. Educational Qualification of members , who is proposed to conduct such audit. In case of firm, give details for all partners.
7. Date of registration of the firm / (attached valid registration /incorporation certificate) 8 A) Years of experience in cost audit field.
B) Years of experience in Sugar Industry or similar processing Industry
9 Expertise in professional areas (other than cost audit.)
10 Names of Sugar Mills; Associated Distilleries & Sugar Mill based Cogeneration Plants where cost audits were conducted by the firm
11 Turnover of the Firm for
(attached audited/self attested (if audit is not applicable ) financial statements in support of above)
12 Details of employees, audit staff, articled trainees etc. with the Applicant. (No of persons, qualifications and experience may be given)
I, _______________, whole time practicing Cost Accountant / Proprietor of M/s.__________ Cost Accountants/Partner of M/s. ________________ Cost Accountants, do hereby declare that above mentioned information is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
I also agree to the terms and conditions as mentioned in the Notice for EOI including the audit fees prescribed by The Commissioner of Sugar, GOM, Pune.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE EMPANELMENT AS COST AUDITOR –
1. Firm /Partners/ Cost Accountant should be registered with the CMAs as a Cost Accountant’s Firm.
2. Firm /Partners/ Cost Accountant should have minimum five years of experience in Cost audit field. Firm /Partners/ Cost Accountant should have completed at least two Cost Audit in their name 3. Firm /Partners/ Cost Accountant having experience of Cost Audit of sugar industry or similar processinig industry is preferable.
4. Firm /Partners/ Cost Accountant should have Head Office and necessary infrastructure (i.e. – Qualified Staff, Semi-Qualified Staff, I.T. infrastructure etc.) in Maharashtra.
5. Firm /Partners/ Cost Accountant should have valid whole time certificate of practice.
Scope & Format of Cost Audit in Co-operative Sugar Factories:
1) Examination and verification of the correctness of Cost Records maintained by the cooperative sugar factories. Verification of the correctness of Annexure to the Cost Audit Report as prescribed in The Companies (Cost Audit Report) Rules 2011 to the extent it may be made applicable to the co-operative orgazinations.
2) Assessing compliance by the Sugar factory with The Cost Accounting Records (Sugar Industry) Rules, 2011, the Cost Accounting Records (Electricity Industry) Rules, 2011, The Companies (Cost Accounting Records) Rules, 2011, as applicable to the organization under audit.
3) Study of the Costing System to assess whether it is adequate for the cost ascertainment of the product including by-products under audit.
4) Evaluation of the operating and other efficiencies of the organization under audit.
5) Suggesting measures for improvement of performance, cost control and cost reduction.
6) Offering comments on Internal Audit /Internal Control System with specific reference to Cost Accounting Records.
7) Offering comments on Budgetary Control System, Inventory valuation System and Cost Accounting Policy of the organization.
8) Assessing compliances with Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Generally Accepted Cost Accounting Principles (GACAP) as pronounced by The Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
9) Review of the activities of the various functions of the organisation and pointing out the avoidable wastages and losses
10) Comparative analysis of cost of utilities, conversion cost etc. with standard norms and offering comments thereon.
11) Review of Related Party Transactions, Inter-Unit transactions and offering comments thereon.
12) Offering comments on loss or declining profitability.
13) Review of methodology adopted for determination of sugarcane price and offering comments thereon.
14) Offering suggestions for improvement (requisite modifications and /or additions) to the existing cost accounting system.
15) Submission of Performance Appraisal Report on following areas along with Cost Audit Report as prescribed in The Companies (Cost Audit Report) Rules 2011 made applicable to Cooperative organizations.
a. Capacity Utilization Analysis
b. Productivity/Efficiency Analysis
c. Utilities /Energy Efficiency Analysis
d. Key-Costs and Contribution Analysis
e. Product/Service Profitability Analysis
f. Market/Customer Profitability Analysis
g. Working capital & Inventory Management Analysis,
h. Manpower Analysis
16) Submission of Cost Audit Report in the prescribed format and time limit to The Commissioner of Sugar, M. S. Pune with copy to concerned sugar factory.
17) Submission of Cost Audit Report in the prescribed format and time limit to The Commissioner of Sugar, M. S. Pune as per the rules and formats prescribed for Cost Accounting Records (Sugar Industry) Rules, 2011 vide Notification of Ministry of Corporate Affairs, New Delhi dated 7th December 2011