Procedure for providing inspection/certified copies of evaluated answer-books to the concerned examinees
1. The procedure laid down hereinafter specifically applies to providing inspection and /or certified copies of answer books relating to November 2011 examinations and onwards only.
2. An application by an examinee seeking inspection of his/her evaluated answer books and/or certified copies thereof is independent of and distinct from an application made by him/her for verification of marks under the existing Regulation 39(4) of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988 for which a process/procedure is already in place. For details visit www.icai.org
3. Inspection/certified copies of evaluated answer books of the examinees would be provided to the concerned examinee only and to no other person, under any circumstances.
4. Inspection/certified copies of evaluated answer books provides information for their academic guidance but does not provide any remedy in case of any discrepancies that may be noticed in the process. The remedy lies in the existing process of verification of answer books, which is independent and distinct from the inspection/certified copies process. Hence, examinees may make a separate application for verification of answer books, without waiting for inspection/certified copies of answer books. Examinees may note that request for verification of answer books has to be made within 30 days from the date of declaration of results.
5. Examinees should not combine application for verification of answer books with the application seeking inspection/certified copies of evaluated answer books. Application for verification of answer books, if any, should be sent in a separate envelope, as per the existing procedure already hosted on the website.
6. Applications by an examinee seeking inspection/certified copies of answer books can be made by him/her, in respect of any examination conducted by ICAI, within 75 days from the date of declaration of respective result(s), with the applicable fee. However, examinees can seek inspection/certified copies of evaluated answer books beyond 75 days but within 90 days from the date of declaration of results, with the late fee prescribed. Applications received later than 90 days from the date of declaration of results will not be entertained under any circumstances.
7. The fee structure is as follows:
For inspection and/or supply of certified copies of evaluated answer books:
|Details||Fees (without late fee) –(If the application is received within 75 days from the date of declaration of result of the particular examination)||Fees (inclusive of late fee) (If the application is received after 75 days but within 90days from the date of declaration of result of the particular examination)|
|For Final, PCE,IPCE/ATE/Unit, CPT, post
qualification courses ISA- AT, IRM, ITL & WTO, MAC/TMC/CMC
|Rs 500/- per paper||Rs 750/- per paper|
Any application received in the Institute’s office at New Delhi after 75 days but within 90 days of the declaration of the relevant result shall be liable for payment of late fee. For reckoning the applicability of late fee, the date of demand draft in conjunction with the date of dispatch of the application as evidenced by the Speed/Registered Post receipt issued by post office shall only be taken into account. No cognizance will be taken of the receipts issued by private couriers/ordinary post.
8. Inspection of evaluated answer books will be provided, generally, within 30 days from the date of receipt of the application by ICAI.
9. Certified copies of evaluated answer books will be sent to the examinees by Registered/Speed Post, generally within a period of 30 days from the receipt of the application by ICAI.
1. An examinee can apply for inspection and/or certified copies of his/her evaluated answer books necessarily in his/her own handwriting, in the prescribed format, ( copy enclosed ) giving specific details of the following along with the requisite fees:
a. Name of the examinee
b. Examination , say PCE, IPCE, Final etc
c. Year and Month of the examination
d. Roll No of the examinee
e. Answer books of paper(s)/subjects to be inspected/certified copies sought
f. Student Registration Number
g. Address for communication
h. E-mail address
i. Mobile number
2. Physically/visually/mentally challenged examinees who had been permitted by ICAI to engage the services of a scribe/writer for writing the examination, shall submit the application seeking inspection of the relevant evaluated answer books, in the handwriting of the same scribe/writer.
3. If the examinee had appeared in Hindi medium, his/her application should be in Hindi.
4. Typewritten applications will not be entertained.
5. The application should be duly signed by the examinee.
6. The examinee shall also furnish a declaration in the format prescribed. (Copy enclosed)
7. The hand written application accompanied by the applicable fee and a copy of the admit card should be sent at the following address:-
The Deputy Secretary (Examination)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India ICAI Bhawan
New Delhi 110 002
8. The envelope containing the application should be superscribed “Application seeking inspection/certified copies of evaluated answer books” and should be sent by registered post or by speed post only and not by any private courier or ordinary post, at the above address. Examinees are advised to retain a copy of the receipt issued by the postal authorities while sending their application as evidence of having despatched their application.
9. Applications incomplete in any respect and/or with illegible entries shall be liable to be rejected.
10. The fees is payable by way of a demand draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India” payable at New Delhi and sent along with the application for inspection/certified copies of evaluated answer books. Examinees are advised to write their name and roll number on the reverse of the demand draft.
11. Upon receipt of an application from an examinee seeking inspection/certified copies of answer books, an acknowledgement will be sent to the examinees. A list of such candidates who have sought inspection/certified copies will also be hosted on the website.
12. Under no circumstances, inspection/certified copies of answer books will be given to those examinees whose results have been withheld/cancelled/have not been declared for any reason whatsoever. Similarly no access to answer books will be allowed to examinees against whom unfair means cases are reported/under consideration.
13. ICAI reserves the right to decline the request of any examinee for inspection/certified copies of evaluated answer books, in case it has reason to believe that the request has been made with a malicious intention to discredit the examination system of the Institute.
14. Delay in giving inspection/certified copies of evaluated answer books to an examinee, for whatsoever reason, shall not vest any right in the examinee to seek extension of time for applying for verification of answer books.
15. If the examinee is found guilty of any misuse of the inspection/certified copies of the evaluated answer books, he/she shall be liable for award of punishment, such as debarment from appearing at further examination(s) or other action as may be deemed fit by the Examination Committee/Council of the Institute in this regard.
16. The decision of the Examination Committee/Council of the Institute in this regard will be final.
17. For any/all dispute(s) relating to examinations conducted by the Institute, including on the abovementioned matters, the Courts at New Delhi shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
18. Contact details: Email ID: email@example.com Tel. 0120-3054805 Fax 0120-3054841/843
C. Points relevant to inspection of evaluated answer books only:
1. The examinee will be advised in writing, the date and time at which he/she can inspect his/her evaluated answer books. They will be required to come for inspection at the appointed date and time only and request for change of date/time will generally not be permitted.
2. ICAI shall also host the details of the roll numbers of the examinees and the dates on which they should appear for inspection of the evaluated answer books on its web site www.icai.org on a regular basis for the information of the examinees .
3. Inspection of answer books will be given only to the examinees , at their own cost, and not to their parents, guardians, or any other person representing the examinee, in this behalf. At the time of physical inspection, only the examinee will be permitted to inspect and no one else will be permitted to accompany him/her.
4. Physically challenged examinees ( including those who are visually challenged and those challenged by cerebral palsy etc) and have been allowed the facility of a writer for the examination in question, will have the option to bring along the same person, who acted as his/her writer, for inspection of his/her answer books, at their own cost.
5. Inspection of evaluated answer books will be given only at the ICAI’s office at NOIDA, at the following address, on working days at the appointed date and time. Inspection of the answer books shall not be allowed at any other location of the Institute’s offices.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
ICAI Bhawan A-29, Sector 62,
Dist. Gautam Buddh Nagar (U.P)
6. The examinee will be required to produce his/her admit card or his student identity card or any other photo identity card duly certified by a Chartered Accountant, at the time of inspection of answer books as a proof of his identity.
7. The examinee will not be allowed to carry mobile phone, camera or any other electronic gadget or any paper or pen at the time of inspection.
8. However, the examinee will be permitted to carry the relevant question paper and also note down question-wise marks secured by him/her, on a sheet of paper with pencil supplied by the Institute.
9. No queries relating to the examination, evaluation, or any other thing that may arise from the inspection of the answer books or otherwise, by the examinees, will be entertained during the process of inspection.
10. The examinees are required to sign a register in acknowledgement of having availed of the inspection of evaluated answer books.
11. Inspection of a set of evaluated answer books will be permitted only once.
Points relevant to providing certified copies of evaluated answer books only:
1. Certified copies of the same set of evaluated answer books will be provided only once.
2. ICAI shall provide certified copies of evaluated answer books ( in single copy only).
3. ICAI shall host the details of the roll numbers of the examinees whose applications for certified copies have already been dispatched, on its website www.icai.org on a regular basis for information of the examinees.
4. On receipt of certified copies of the evaluated answer books, the examinee shall be the sole custodian of it and under any circumstances the examinee shall not part with the custody/possession of the same and also shall not use the same for any other purpose/s, including reference to experts/media etc.
5. The certified copies so obtained by the examinee shall be for his/her exclusive use. Neither the said examinee nor any other person can use the said copy to dispute or challenge the quality of assessment or quantum of marks assigned to the answers therein.
Application format for seeking inspection/certified copies of evaluated answer books (Necessarily in examinee’s own handwriting)
The Deputy Secretary (Exams)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India AB Cell
New Delhi 110 002
I hereby apply for the following:
Name of the candidate:
Contact no : Land line: STD Code: No. Mobile:
E-mail address :
Address for correspondence:
Student Registration No :
Month Year Roll No
|Paper NO||Name of the subject||Inspection||Certified copies|
Particulars of answer books, of which, certified copies/inspection is sought: (tick the relevant box)
Paper NO Name of the subject Inspection Certified copies
Details of Fees paid :DD No : .Date:
Drawn on : ……………………….. For Rs……………………………………..
I hereby declare and affirm that the details mentioned above relate to me only and are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
I hereby declare that I have read and understood the terms and conditions of the scheme framed by the ICAI regarding providing inspection/certified copies of evaluated answer books and that I shall abide by them in letter and spirit.
I am seeking inspection/certified copies of my evaluated answer books for my own academic guidance and shall not use them, for any other purpose.
I understand that the certified copies so obtained by me shall be for my exclusive use. I shall be the sole custodian of the copies of the evaluated answer books as and when they are made available to me by the Institute and I shall not under any circumstances part with the custody/possession of the same and shall not use the same for any other purpose/s.
Date: Signature of candidate
Roll No .