ANNOUNCEMENT , January 31, 2011
Considering the overwhelming response both from CA Firms and students and the result of IPCC/PCC exam which is expected to be declared on 5 th February, 2011, online placement portal has been reopened from 29th January,2011. Both eligible CA firms and candidates who are willing to avail of this facility shall have to register themselves online through the articles placement portal at http://bosapp.icai.org The services on the Portal would be available for two months from the time of registration by the firm. Similarly the bio data of a student will also be available on the portal for a maximum period of 2 months from the date of student’s registration.
The Articles Placement Portal has been providing a platform to the firms of Chartered Accountants having vacancies for Articled Assistants to shortlist eligible students for selection of articled assistants, and call them for Interview at their offices, as per date and time convenient to them. The candidates who have either (a) Passed Group-I or both Groups of the IPCC examination, or (b) Passed either of the Groups or both groups of PE-II examination; and are eligible for undergoing articled training for selection as articled assistants in the CA firms can register themselves on the portal, such that they can be considered for selection by the CA Firms. The candidates shortlisted by CA Firms would be automatically informed by e-mail through the Portal, to appear for interview at their respective Offices, at the designated date and time.
Norms for Firms of Chartered Accountants participating in the Campus Placement Programme:
• All CA firms registered with the Institute and having vacancies for articled assistants are eligible to register through Portal by paying the requisite fee mentioned hereunder.
• After Registration, the participating firms would short list the candidates from the data available on the portal as per their requirement on the basis of number of vacancies available with them and call the candidates for interviews/interaction at their offices as per the suitable time and date convenient to them.
• Participating CA Firms should ensure that they have the number of vacancies available with them for articled assistants and shall have to mandatorily give offer letter to the selected candidates in writing on the date of the interview itself. (Please access ICAI website under “Know Your Firm Details” to find latest position).
• The CA firms are also requested to please see the list of candidates already selected by other CA firms on the Portal before giving offer letters to the candidates.
• The services on the Portal would be available for two months from the time of registration by the firm. Similarly the bio data of a student will also be available on the portal for a maximum period of 2 months from student’s registration.
Scale of Fee to be Charged From the Participating CA Firms:
CA Firms making use of the above Portal are required to pay through the Payment Gate way at the following rates to cover costs of the Portal, etc.:
|Proprietorship Firms||Rs. 1,000/-|
|Partnership Firms up to 6 partners||Rs. 1,500/-|
|Partnership Firms having 7 to 12
|Partnership Firms having more than 12 partners||Rs. 3,000/-|
|(Please add applicable Service Tax @ 10.3%)|
Guidelines for CA Students:
Please note that The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India will be acting as a facilitator only and shall not be responsible in case of non-placement / non-selection of candidates.
In case of any clarification, please contact the Board of Studies, ICAI Bhawan, A-29, Sector-62, Noida-201309, Tel. No. 0120-3045930/931; eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director, Board of Studies