EMPANELMENT OF CA FIRMS FOR CONCURRENT AUDIT ASSIGNMENT
1. Punjab National Bank invites applications on the undernoted prescribed format from practicing ‘Partnership firms of Chartered Accountants in India’ who fulfill the eligibility criteria as mentioned hereunder and are willing to have their Firms empanelled as Concurrent Auditors in the Bank for conducting concurrent audit of branches.
2. The Bio-data should be submitted on the enclosed Format only to the Chief Manager, Punjab National Bank, Inspection & Audit Division, Head Office, 2nd Floor, Rajendra Bhawan, Rajendra Place, New Delhi – 110008, only by postal service / courier.
3. “Application for “Empanelment of CA Firm for Concurrent Audit” should be mentioned on the envelope, carrying Bio-data.
4. The “Eligibility Criteria” for empanelment for CA Firms for Concurrent Audit in our bank is as under:
|Minimum No. of Partners||Of which, FCA/s||Partnership Firms- Minimum Experience as a Concurrent Auditor in Scheduled Commercial Bank (in years)|
**SOLE PROPRIETOR SHIP CONCERN WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY”
5. CA Firms applying for empanelment must submit along with application, the Copy of partnership deed + copy of registration certificate issued by the ICAI certifying the constitution of the Firm, their branches & date from which it is continuing as a Partnership Firm (latest).
6. Experience Certificates of Partnership CA Firm in the Scheduled Commercial Bank as Concurrent Auditor be enclosed, in absence of which application will not be accepted.
7. Mere submission of application does not, in any way, constitute guarantee for allotment of the audit job of any nature from the bank. The allocation of branches to the auditors will purely be the prerogative of the Bank.
8. The periodicity of concurrent audit assignment (if any) will be for ONE YEAR with quarterly review of performance and would be extended for a further period of TWO YEARS (Overall 3 years), based on the ‘Satisfactory Performance’ of the CA firm.
9. ‘Incomplete Application’ or ‘Application Without Requisite Enclosures’ will not be entertained.
10. The Concurrent Audit Firm will undertake that they will not sub contract/sub assign the audit assignment.
11. The Concurrent Audit Firm will not lobby directly or indirectly for consideration of any credit proposals of their friends / relatives / clients / non clients of the Bank.
12. If empanelled, the detailed terms & conditions of offer including fee and other expenses payable will be intimated at the time of allotment of audit work.
13. Assignments of empanelled CA firms will be governed by “Code of Ethics for Chartered Accountants” circulated by ICAI in its website and the bank will initiate necessary action against such CA firms and its partners in case serious deficiencies observed are detrimental to bank’s interest.
14. i) CA firms which carry Statutory Audit Assignments for a year will not be considered for internal audit assignment during that year and the next year. These instructions would even apply to firms of which a partner or proprietor is engaged or to be engaged in internal assignment of the bank.
ii) “Associate concerns of CA Firms” should not have conducted Statutory Audit of our Bank or its subsidiary / sister concern during the previous year.
iii) An audit firm in which a partner / proprietor is also a partner / proprietor of firm entrusted with Statutory Audit (central or branch) of the Bank is not eligible for appointment of concurrent auditor.
15. All other terms and conditions for empanelment of CA firm as concurrent auditor will be applicable as per approved policy of the bank subject to change from time to time.
16. Only those applications which are received between the date of notice and the last date of receipt of applications, will be considered.
17. The CA firm which has submitted any such application earlier to the date of this notice, is required to apply afresh within the stipulated period, if the CA firm meets the requirements for empanelment.
18. The CA firms which are already empanelled as concurrent auditors, need not apply again.
19. Preference will be given to the CA firms having their branches / headquarter in the following areas :
|7.||Ashok Nagar (MP)||8.||Balaghat||9.||Hoshangabad|
|10.||Sagar(MP)||11||Datia (MP)||12||Vidhisha (MP)|
|25||Mukerian (Pb)||26||Tondo (Pb)||27||Dasua(Pb)|
|28||Phagwara||29||Sultanpur Lodhi (Pb)||30||Nakodar (Pb)|
|31||Patiala||32||Bhatinda (Pb)||33||Barnala (Pb)|
|34||Ferozepur (Pb)||35||Abohar (Pb)|
20. The last date for receipt of application with Bio-data at ours is 31.10.2016 till close of working hours, at the following address :
The Chief Manager
Punjab National Bank
Head Office, Inspection & Audit Division, 2nd Floor
Rajendra Bhawan, Rajendra Place, New Delhi -110008
Landline: 011-25744351, Fax: 011-25744352, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org