The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) is set to conduct the Company Secretary Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) on January 6, 2024. Embracing technological advancements, the exam will be held through remote proctor mode, offering candidates the flexibility to appear from the comfort of their homes. This ICSI Press release provides CSEET guidelines, technical requirements, and essential instructions for candidates.
THE INSTITUTE OF Company Secretaries of India
IN PURSUIT OF PROFESSIONAL EXCELLENCE
Statutory body under an Act of Parliament
(Under the jurisdiction of Ministry of Corporate Affairs)
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
COMPANY SECRETARY EXECUTIVE ENTRANCE TEST
(CSEET) – JANUARY 2024 SESSION
(TO BE CONDUCTED THROUGH REMOTE PROCTOR MODE)
COMPANY SECRETARY EXECUTIVE ENTRANCE TEST (CSEET) (COMPUTER-BASED) WOULD BE HELD ON SATURDAY, THE 06TH JANUARY 2024, AS PER TIMING GIVEN IN THE ADMIT CARD.
CANDIDATES SHOULD READ THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN BELOW CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW IT IN TRUE LETTER AND SPIRIT FOR APPEARING IN THE TEST.
The CSEET shall be conducted through remote proctor mode as per details given below:
(i) CSEET shall be conducted through REMOTE Proctored mode instead of conducting the same from Test Centres. Candidates are allowed to appear for the CSEET using their own laptop or desktop from home/ such other convenient and isolated place. Candidates shall not be allowed to appear in CSEET by using Mobile Phone, Tablet, Palmtop,
(ii) Duration of CSEET shall be 2 Hours, i.e. 120 minutes. The break-up of marks of each paper in computer-based CSEET in MCQ pattern shall be as under:
|Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning
|A- Legal Aptitude (30 Marks)
– Logical Reasoning (20 Marks)
|Economic and Business Environment
|A- Economics (25 Marks)
A- Business Environment (25 Marks)
|Current Affairs and Quantitative Aptitude
|A- Current Affairs (30 Marks)
B- Quantitative Aptitude (20 Marks)
Passing of Company Secretary Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) is one of the mandatory conditions for all candidates seeking registration to Executive Programme of Company Secretary Course except categories exempted to appear in CSEET. Candidates seeking registration to Executive Programme should fulfil the following eligibility conditions on the date of seeking registration:
(i) Should have passed the CSEET and the result should not be older than one year from the date of declaration of result of CSEET;
(ii) Should also have passed 10+2 (Senior Secondary Examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognised by the Central Government or State Government or equivalent thereto for the purposes of admission to Bachelor’s degree course.
The registration applications of candidates not fulfilling any one of the conditions at the time of seeking registration to Executive Programme of Company Secretary Course shall be summarily rejected without notice.
All candidates appearing in the Company Secretary Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) are advised to take note of the above and the Institute may not be held responsible for any complications at a later stage.
PART-I: GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
1. Immediately after taking the print-out of the Admit Card and Instructions to the Candidates from the website of the Institute www.icsi.edu, every candidate is advised to verify all the details mentioned in his/her Admit Card, i.e., his/her Name, Photograph, Signature, Admission Number, Date and Timings of Test, etc. In case of any discrepancy, the same may please be brought to the notice of the Institute within 2 days of issuance of Admit Card at CSEET@icsi.edu or at Institute’s support portal http://support.icsi.edu.
2. Conduct of examination in remote proctored means –
(a) Candidates are allowed to appear in the test using their own Desktop/Laptop (Not on Mobile/Tablet etc.) from home or other convenient and isolated place and they shall be required to download safe exam browser SEBLite at their Laptop or Desktop as per the link provided to them in due course of time at the registered email ID of the candidates for the Mock and Live Test separately by using credentials (User ID & Password).
(b) Candidates shall be continuously monitored through video / audio mode by the supervisor, known as Proctor in the same manner as if they are appearing in the examination at examination centres.
3. Candidates should keep with them (i) Admit Card; and (ii) Identity Card issued by Govt. Departments viz. Passport, Driving Licence, PAN Card, UID Aadhaar Card, Voter Card handy for verification by the Remote Proctors for securing appearance in the Test failing which they shall not be allowed to take the Test. Candidates will not be allowed to keep any other document with them.
4. Candidates are required to properly download, install and check Safe Exam Browser, SEBLite on their Desktop or Laptop beforehand as directed for the CSEET. SEBLite shall not be uninstalled till CSEET has completed/submitted successfully. Candidate should attend the Mock Test of CSEET as directed. In case candidate fail to download the Safe Exam Browser due to any reason they will not able to start the test and no query in this regard will be entertained.
5. Candidate should observe mandatory requirements for appearing in CSEET as under:
i) Properly installed SEBLite on the Desktop/Laptop having requisite technical requirements for the CSEET.
ii) Stable internet connection (avoid hotspot or mobile or unstable internet source).
iii) Fully charged laptop or power backup enabled desktop.
iv) Observance of Instructions to candidates in true letter and spirit.
v) Appearance in the Mock Test (Not to uninstall SEBLite uptill completion of CSEET).
6. Candidates are required to login to the Test portal 30 (thirty) minutes before the time specified for the commencement of Test. No candidate shall be allowed to appear in the Test after completion of 15 minutes of the commencement of the Test and no candidate shall be permitted to finish the Test until the expiry of 90 minutes of the commencement of the test.
7. In the test, the Question Paper will be displayed on the Computer Screen in English only.
8. Candidates are required to secure a minimum of 40% marks in each paper, i.e., Paper- 1, Paper -2, Paper -3 and Paper -4 separately as the case may be, and 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together for passing the CSEET. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
9. During the CSEET, no candidate shall be allowed to:
a) Use Mobile, earphone, headphone or any other gadget including Pager, Digital Diary, Scientific or Programmable Calculator, Blue Tooth, Palmtop, Smart Watch, Health Band, etc.
b) Refer book or using paper, pen/pencil, writing pad(s), note books, etc.
c) Have presence of any other person in the room with him/her once he/she is seated before computer for the CSEET.
d) Take photograph(s) of the screen/questions/answer option(s).
e) Read questions, answer options loudly.
f) Leave the work station without submission of the test.
g) Have eye contact and focus out of screen.
Violation of the above shall be viewed seriously and the same may lead to cancellation of the result.
10. Candidate shall ensure that video and audio of the Laptop or Desktop are properly positioned and functioning and no earphone/headphones, etc. shall be permitted in the CSEET. Candidate shall be seated for the CSEET in such a manner that his face and seating posture upto waist remain visible to the proctor all times during the CSEET. In case Audio/Video facility is not available on Desktop then external camera/webcam and earphone/head phone can be used by the candidate(s) but the same should be kept on table/panel and should be visible to proctor.
11. Candidates’ eligibility to appear in the CS Executive Entrance Test shall be subject to the provisions of Company Secretaries Regulations, 1982 (as amended time to time) as in force and the guidelines issued by the Council issued from time to time.
12. Candidate shall not be allowed to leave the test until its submission. No break shall be permitted during the Test.
13. The result of candidates will be withheld/cancelled if found violating any of the Instructions regarding conduct of CSEET.
PART-II: INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPEARING IN THE CSEET THROUGH REMOTE PROCTORING MODE
Candidates will appear in the Examination from a secured environment. The candidates should:
i) Sit in a secluded room or any other suitable quiet place with a chair and desk/table preferably with plain backdrop (area behind the candidate) with adequate lighting from the front so that the candidate is visible upto the waist to the proctor all times during CSEET. The place should be noise free with no other person/s in the surroundings except the candidate.
ii) Once the candidate is seated for the test, no one shall be present in that room/place under any circumstances. The violation of this instruction will lead to cancellation of the result.
iii) No item except the computer, external webcam (if internal webcam is not available), keyboard, mouse, other permitted items, if any, should be kept on the desk/table on the day of the examination.
iv) Use of calculator, pen/pencil, paper/notebook, writing pad(s) etc. is prohibited in CSEET.
v) Candidates must dress properly & decently during CSEET.
The modus operandi for conducting the Examination through proctored mode shall be as under:
(A) Technical Requirements for Candidates appearing in CSEET through remote proctoring mode:
1. Candidate has to ensure that the following technical requirements are available at his / her Desktop/laptop (mobile/ tablet is not allowed) for appearing for the examination:
Software / Hardware Requirem ent
Version / Specifications (Minimum Requirement)
Reference Links / Remarks
Windows – 10 and above
Dual Core, 4 threads, 2.2 GHz
2 GB and above
Webcam must have a minimum resolution of 640×480 @ 15 fps. Webcam maybe internal or external and connected to the computer
Any Model (External or Internal) Built-in microphones are acceptable. External microphone is recommended
5 Mbps continuous connectivity
Chrome / Edge
Chrome – Download latest from https://www.google.com/intl/en_in/chrome/
Edge – Download latest fromhttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge
Other points to note
To be Disabled
To be Enabled
Pop up / Ad Blocker
To be Disabled
Required for technical team to connect and troubleshoot if required. Please download the software through the link and install it. once installed open and share the 9-digit id for us to take remote access and support to sort the technical issue.
Along with the Any Desk, Ultraviewer also required for technical team to connect and troubleshoot if required. Please download the software through the link and install it. once installed open and share the 9-digit id to take remote access and support to sort the technical issue.
Administra tive Privileges
for installation activities
Compatibil ity checks
Compatibil ity checks
2. Internet Connection:
Recommended Internet speed per user: Dedicated Internet and Internet Bandwidth of min. 5 MBPS (5G/4G/Wi-Fi) or above + upload speed. In case of Broadband, it should be uninterrupted supply of electricity.
(B) Examination Process:
Every candidate will be required to copy and paste the test taking Link/URL, login with the ID and password provided at registered email/through SMS at registered mobile, 30 minutes before the Examination start time.
Please note: The test taking Link/URL, user ID and your password for mock exam and the live exam will be provided to the candidates separately at their registered email.
Candidates are advised to ensure that on the day of the Examination, their Laptop is fully charged and in case of Desktop, it is connected to an uninterrupted power source for smooth conduct of Examination.
Candidates must not setup the computer at the time of the Examination. All the settings need to be done much before the Mock and Examination and tested properly. All settings shall not be uninstalled uptill conclusion/submission of examination successfully.
(C) Remote Proctoring:
The candidates appearing in CSEET shall remotely be proctored from the Control Room of the Institute.
1. Login credentials for candidates will be sent by email and SMS before the examination.
2. At the beginning of each session, the candidate undergoes an identity verification at 2 levels,
Level 1: Capture of facial photo. During the examination, the AI tool constantly monitors the picture of the candidate taking the examination with the facial photo captured initially for any mismatch. In case of any mismatch, the system will capture the anomaly and notification to live proctor is instantly displayed.
Level 2: Candidate will need to display Admit Card and Student Identity Card/Valid ID Proof (PAN / Aadhar / Any other valid Govt. Approved ID). Proctor will instruct the candidate to display the Admit Card / valid ID proof after the logging into the examination. Once the identity is approved by the Proctor, candidate will be allowed to start the examination. Candidates are advised not to write anything on Admit/Identity card failing which strict action will be taken.
3. The activities of the candidate during the examination will be monitored and if he/she is violating any rules during the examination or trying to adopt any unfair means, the system will automatically collect data based on the following parameters and will immediately alert the online live proctor:
4. There shall be Live proctors. A session that is in progress, shall be continuously watched online:
For Enrollment related issues the student can contact through support portal i.e. http://support.icsi.edu.
5. The position of the camera should not be too low/ high or hooked onto a different monitor. The candidate should make sure that the camera is at eye level and on the monitor during the examination so that the candidate’s live portrait image upto waist is visible to the proctor all times during the test.
6. Candidate must not look away from laptop/desktop screen, must face computer screen and focus shall not be out of screen.
7. The candidates shall be required to strictly follow the instructions given by the proctors during the course of the examination failing which they shall be disqualified.
8. Candidate’s face must be positioned in the middle of the camera view and candidate’s face must be visible throughout the examination.
9. Candidates must not navigate away from Final Test/examination window.
10. Candidates will not be allowed to leave the room/test area or take bio-break during the examination until its submission. If any candidate takes any break or leaves the workstation for any reason during the examination, will be treated as resorting to unfair means.
11. Candidates must not use headphones, ear buds, or any other type of listening/ communication device during the examination.
12. The issues faced by candidates during the examination, viz. No network connection, network disconnection due to Wifi disabled, no internet connectivity, Power cut, etc) :
In such a scenario, the candidate will be allowed to login again and continue from the last question attempted. Remote Proctor shall keep watch on all such instances and report all such instances to the Institute immediately.
13. Candidate must ensure that he/she has attempted every question and reviewed the accuracy of his/her answers before submitting the paper. Once submitted (even by mistake), re- examination will not be permitted.
14. The mock test will be conducted for candidates to familiarize themselves with the remote proctoring process. Mock test is proposed to be held on 3rd and 4th January, 2024. Detailed information about appearing in the mock test shall be sent to candidates separately. Appearance in Mock Test is mandatory.
15. For Admit Card related issues, students may reach out to Help Desk Numbers 9513778742 and 9513850025 from 01st January, 2024 to 08th January, 2024 (except 05th and 7th January, 2024) from 09:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Students can alternatively send email at firstname.lastname@example.org
16. In case of any technical issues during Test process, candidates can reach out to Help Desk Numbers 9513778742 and 9513850025 resolve their issues. The Helpline will be operational during the period from 03rd January, 2024 to 08th January, 2024 (except 05th and 7th January, 2024) between 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
PART- C: OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
I. Attempting the Examination
1. Upon Proctor’s instruction, click on the “APPEAR” button to access the Onscreen Instructions. In case of any doubt or question about functioning of the Exam Window, candidates may seek advice/guidance from the Proctor before the commencement of examination. No query shall be entertained after the commencement of examination.
2. Do not close the Exam Window or try to restart the system after the commencement of examination.
3. Each question is followed by four alternative answer marked as A, B, C and D. The candidate shall choose the most appropriate answer to each question and mark the same through click of mouse against the appropriate answer. Chosen answer will be highlighted and shall automatically be saved. The questions may be answered in any order within the stipulated examination time.
4. Candidates can make changes in their answer already chosen/marked by simply clicking the other answer option of their choice at any time before conclusion of examination or before clicking “FINISH”
5. Candidate can delete his/her answer to a particular question by clicking the button “CLEAR” to make the question as if not attempted by the candidate. Candidate shall be remain careful while clicking the “CLEAR” button.
6. Candidates shall not click “END TEST” button followed by warnings with “PLEASE CONFIRM” button until they have actually completed all the questions of all sections of the Test. The Test shall NOT RE-START once “CONFIRM” button is clicked.
7. Countdown clock will start on commencement of examination and the same will be displayed on the top right-hand corner of the Exam Window for the remaining time available to a candidate for the Examination.
8. Before conclusion of examination, the candidates can use the “Bookmark” option by clicking on “BOOKMARK” button, if they wish to review or revisit the question later. However, the “Bookmark” button shall not capture or save the answers.
9. In case of restarting/shut down of computer due to technical reasons, immediately report the same to the Proctor. Answers already marked and time of the examination will be saved and the candidate will be able to resume the examination from the exact point that last appeared before him/her.
II. Working on Examination Window
1. APPEAR – CLICK – Display of Exam Window
2. Only one question will be displayed on the Exam Window at a time.
3. Candidates can mark their choice of answer by placing cursor on any one of the four alternative answers to each question and clicking through mouse thereat. Chosen answer option will be highlighted.
4. Candidates can change their answer to any question by clicking at the new answer option (Radio Button) any time before “FINISH” of the examination.
5. Candidates can answer question in any order and can navigate between questions either by clicking on “Previous”/“Next” button or by directly clicking on the question number(s) which are displayed in the Paper-wise Summary panel available on the left side of the Exam Window.
6. Every particular question answered by the candidate will be displayed in GREEN colour on the Summary Panel. The questions that are not attempted and not bookmarked for review will be displayed without any colour. Questions Attempted and Bookmarked for review will be highlighted in BLUE and those which are not attempted but Bookmarked for Review will be displayed in RED.
III. Examination Submission
1. After completion of the examination, candidates can click “DONE” button followed by three warnings with “FINISH” button to submit the examination. After conclusion of examination timing, system will automatically save, finish and submit the examination.
2. In case any candidate wrongly clicks the “DONE” button, warning screens will be displayed; and he/she can return to the question paper by clicking “Go to Examination”. There are three such warnings – WARNING-1, WARNING-2 and WARNING-3 with “FINISH”
3. Candidates shall remain cautious while clicking “FINISH” button and warnings. On clicking the “FINISH” button after “WARNING-3”, examination will be completed, finished and submitted.
4. After submission of examination, it shall not re-start at all and the answer marked by the candidate to the questions shall be considered for purposes of computation of the result.
5. No candidate is permitted to leave the examination until the expiry of Examination timing.
6. A “Thank you” message will appear confirming the completion, finishing and submission of the examination.
Infringement of any of these instructions shall render the candidates liable for disciplinary action which could lead to cancellation of result of the examination and/or studentship registration under the Company Secretaries Regulations, 1982 as in force.
[SMOKING, CHEWING OF TOBACCO, BETEL, INTOXICANT, CARRYING/USE OF MOBILE PHONE/ ELECTRONIC DEVICE/CALCULATOR/PEN-PENCIL/PAPER-NOTEBOOK ETC., IS TOTALLY BANNED DURING THE EXAMINATION].