OFFICE OF COMMISSIONER OF SERVICE TAX-I, MUMBAI.
Tel. 022-22034425. FAX.022- 22060618, 022-22072942
5th Floor, New C. Excise Bldg., 115, M. K. Road, Churchgate, Mumbai-400 020.
TRADE NOTICE NO. 04/13-14-ST-I DATED 27.05.2013
Sub : The Service Tax Voluntary Compliance Encouragement Scheme-reg.
The Service Tax Voluntary Compliance Encouragement Scheme 2013 was introduced in the Budget 2013-14. The Scheme has since been notified w.e.f. 10th May, 2013. The specifics of the Scheme are contained in Chapter VI of the Finance Act, 1994. A detailed Notification No. 10/2013-ST date 13.05.2013 has been issued inter alia prescribing:
(a) Form of the Declaration to be made,
(b) Form of the Acknowledgement of the Declaration and
(c) Form of the Acknowledgement of Discharge.
2. The Board has also clarified certain vital aspects of the said Scheme vide Circular No. 169/4/2013-ST dated 13.05.2013.
3. For the benefit of the trade, the said Notification No.10/2013-ST dated 13.05.2013 and the above said Circular No. 169/4/2013-ST dated 13.05.2013 are enclosed herewith.
4. Further, for the purpose of this Scheme, following officer is specified as ‘Designated Authority’ within the meaning thereof as contemplated in Section 105(1)(c) of the Finance Act, 1994. All the declarations are required to be filed with him.
Assistant/Deputy Commissioner of Service Tax (Technical)
Room No. 303, New Central Excise Building,115, Maharshi Karve. Road,
Churchgate, Mumbai-400 020.
Tel. No. 022-22034421 and 022-22034425.
5. It is further clarified that, in terms of Rule 3 of the Service Tax Voluntary Compliance Encouragement Scheme Rules, 2013, any person, who wishes to make a declaration shall take registration, if not already registered, before making this declaration, under the Scheme.
6. For any clarification, letter may be sent to Commissioner of Service Tax-I on same address. Further, if any Trade Association wishes to organize an Open House meeting, the officers of the department may also attend to clarify the doubts, if any. Trade Associations may send their request to Commissioner, Service Tax-I, in this regard.
7. All the Trade Associations are requested to bring the contents of this Trade Notice to the notice of their members in particular and the Trade in general.
SERVICE TAX-I, MUMBAI.
F. No. V/ST-I/Tech-II/Trade Notice/2013-14/827/13
Mumbai, the 27th May, 2013.