A.P. (DIR Series) Circular No. 05
October 06, 2016
All Category – I Authorised Dealer Banks
Import Data Processing and Monitoring System (IDPMS)
Attention of Authorized Dealer Category-I (AD Category-I) banks is invited to A.P. (DIR Series) Circular No.65 dated April 28, 2016 read with Section 5 of the Foreign Exchange Management Act 1999 (42 of 1999), Government of India Notification No. G.S.R. 381(E) dated May 3, 2000 viz., Foreign Exchange Management (Current Account Transaction) Rules, 2000 on import of goods and A.P. (DIR Series) Circular No. 9 dated August 24, 2000 which outlines the procedure, mode/manner of payment for imports and submission of related returns.
2. In order to enhance ease of doing business and facilitate efficient data processing for payment of import transactions and effective monitoring thereof, Import Data Processing and Monitoring System (IDPMS) has been developed in consultation with the Customs authorities and other stakeholders. The details of IDPMS were advised to the AD Category-I banks vide above mentioned A.P. (DIR Series) Circular No.65 dated April 28, 2016 and banks were requested to be ready with the required IT changes in their system to generate/submit the data under IDPMS as per specified message format and technical specification.
3. As announced in the fourth Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2016-17 dated October 4, 2016, all AD Category-I banks are advised that IDPMS will go live with effect from October 10, 2016 and are directed to use IDPMS for reporting and monitoring of the import transactions.
4. Customs department has modified the Bill of Entry (BoE) format to display the AD Code of bank with effect from April 1, 2016 and SEZ from June 1, 2016 respectively. Primary import transaction data (from Customs/SEZ) with effect from the above mentioned dates will be made available to respective AD banks in the IDPMS database for further processing. Starting October 10, 2016 all transactions will flow to IDPMS on daily basis for AD banks, to log all subsequent activities and monitor the import transactions.
5. The User Acceptance Test (UAT) of IDPMS was launched on August 19, 2016 and banks were requested to login and familiarise themselves. AD banks were also advised to be ready with data related to all the outstanding import remittances as per the message “outward remittances against Import” to facilitate uploading of the same in IDPMS.
6. The detailed operational procedures are available at Help Menu on EDPMS Portal under “Import process” tag. The operational directions/guidelines are as below:
Settlement of ORM with BoE
Extension and Write Off
Follow-up for Evidence of Import
7. Authorised Dealers may bring the contents of this circular to the notice of their constituents and customers concerned.
8. Master Direction No. 17/2015-16 dated January 1, 2016 is being updated to reflect the changes.
9. The directions contained in this circular have been issued under Section 10(4) and 11(1) of the FEMA, 1999 (42 of 1999) and are without prejudice to permissions / approvals, if any, required under any other law.
(A. K. Pandey)
Chief General Manager