Q.1 On being registered on the e-Filing portal as DSIR, where can I check if the assessees’ Form 3CL-Part A has been filed?
Ans: You can check these details by accessing your e-Filing Dashboard > List of In-House R&D Facility Approved. The PANs and names of assessees are listed, along with the date of issue of Form 3CL-Part A. On clicking the assessee PAN, a a message is displayed specifying the AY, status of filed 3CL-Part A and issue of Form 3CL-Part B.
Q.2 On being registered on the e-Filing portal as DSIR, where can I follow up on issuing my assessees’ Form 3CL-Part B?
Ans: You can issue Form 3CL-Part B by accessing your e-Filing Dashboard > Pending Actions. You need to click Issue Form 3CL-Part for the pending action you wish to follow up on.
Q.3 What happens on clicking Issue Form 3CL – Part B if the filing type is revised?
Ans: If the filing type is revised, on clicking Issue Form 3CL – Part B you will be taken to the Reasons for Revision page, and will have to select the reason(s) for revision among the following:
After specifying the reason(s), you can go to the page to file Form 3CL – Part B. For filing, online mode will be the default selection. Select any of these two options:
Q.4 What happens on clicking Issue Form 3CL – Part B if the filing type is original?
Ans: If the filing type is original, on clicking Issue Form 3CL – Part B you will be taken to the page to file Form 3CL – Part B. For filing, online mode will be the default selection. In online mode, DSIR can fill, save, download and preview the filled form.
This service is available to the Department of Scientific & Industrial Research (DSIR), once registered on the e-Filing portal (post-login). The e-Filing Dashboard shows a summarized view of:
2. Prerequisites for availing this service
3. Step-by-Step Guide
3.1 External Agency (DSIR) Dashboard
Step 1: Log in to the e-Filing portal using your user ID and password.
Step 2: After login, you will be taken to the e-Filing Dashboard. View the information available upfront on the e-Filing Dashboard.
The External Agency (DSIR) Dashboard consists of the following sections:
1. Profile Snapshot: This section contains your organization’s name, PAN, TAN, primary mobile number, and primary email ID, and profile completion status bar. These fields are pre-filled from My Profile.
2. Contact Details: On clicking Update, you will be taken to My Profile > Contact Details (editable) page.
3. Source IP: On clicking Update, you will be taken to My Profile > The Source IP (editable) page.
4. Principal Contact: On clicking Update, you will be taken to My Profile > Principal Contact (Authorised to Verify) (editable) page.
e-Filing Vault Higher Security: This feature tells you the level of security your account has, and displays it as the following, depending on your level of security:
6. Activity Log: The activity log displays data related to last log in, log out, last upload and last download. On clicking View All, a detailed activity log is displayed.
7. List of In-House R&D Facility Approved: This section expands in the same page in tabular format when you click it. It displays the assessee-wise list for whom Form 3CL-Part A is filed by DSIR. The table column heads are as follows:
8. Pending Actions: This section expands on the same page when you click it. It shows the two oldest work items pending on your Worklist under this category:
9. Grievances: This section expands on the same page when you click it. Grievance details will be shown for the past two years only. On clicking the Total Grievance count, a tabular structure with details of the grievances will open.
The Menu Bar
Apart from the Dashboard, the menu bar for external agencies has the following menu items:
3.2 The e-File Menu e-File has the following options:
3.3 The Pending Actions Menu
Pending Actions has the following option:
3.4 The Grievances Menu
Grievances has the following options:
3.5 The Help Menu
Help provides learning artefacts for all categories of users. You can access FAQs, user manuals, videos, and other such materials in this section.
Worklist enables DSIR to view its pending actions and act upon them. For this, there need to be pending items in your Worklist.
After logging in to the e-Filing portal, click Pending Actions menu > Worklist. On the Worklist, you will see the For Your Action tab.
For Your Action
The For Your Action tab contains pending items that you need to follow up on. On clicking any of the pending action items, you will be taken to the respective e-Filing service. The pending action item for DSIR is as follows: