Every year July end due dates have one thing in common and that is ITR filing for the taxpayers whose accounts are not required to be audited. But this time around we are all locked up in our homes due to the COVID-19 pandemic and it’s implication being extension of compliance due dates. Thus, this year’s July end ITR filing due date for FY 19-20 has been postponed to Nov end.
However, still there’s an ITR filing due date on this 31st July and that is for the FY 18-19 whose time barring due date got extended from 31st March 2020 to 31st July 2020.
Also CBDT has started with an e-campaign on voluntary compliance of income tax for FY 2018-19 from 20th July, 2020. The campaign ending on 31st July, 2020 will focus on taxpayers who are non-filers or have discrepancy/deficiency in their Returns for FY 2018-19.
So here’s a comprehensive list of Taxation related due dates on 31st July 2020:
1. Filing of Original(Belated) return u/s 139(4) for FY 18-19
2. Filing of Revised return u/s 139(5) for FY 18-19
3. TDS/TCS return for Q4 FY 19-20
4. Investments for claiming Chp VIA-Part B deductions i.e. Deductions in respect of certain payments which includes 80C, 80D, 80G, etc. for FY 19-20
5. Quarterly GSTR1 for Q1 FY 20-21