If you have forgotten your e-Filing login password and you are unsuccessful with the other options of resetting password, then you can use the new facility to get direct access to your Income Tax Department e-Filing account using the net-banking facility of your bank.
Detailed steps to access Income tax Account from Bank Account
- Taxpayer should be a registered user of Income Tax e-Filing Portal.
- Taxpayer should have already submitted the PAN details to the Bank. PAN is required to identify the taxpayer’s e-Filing account with the Income Tax Department.
- Taxpayer have to first go to the Internet/ Net / Online Banking website of the Bank which has already registered for this facility with the Department.
- Taxpayer after logging into his Net Banking account should select “Income Tax e-Filing Login” tab/menu item
- Taxpayer should Select the account number and enter the PAN for verification and click Submit
- Taxpayer should Accept the Rules and Regulations details
- Taxpayer should confirm that he may be redirected to his Income Tax Department e-Filing account – home page.
- Taxpayer can now reset the password and also avail of all services provided by the e-Filing Website of Income Tax Department, including, filing Income Tax Return.
Advantages of using facility to access Income tax Account from Bank Account
- Taxpayer gets direct access to his e-Filing account even if he has forgotten his password.
- Taxpayer gets a secure and safe way to login into his e-Filing account.
- Taxpayer can safeguard his e-Filing account by selecting/opting for “Password Resetting” only by using Digital Signature Certificate or through this new facility of direct login from his net-banking account, thereby preventing others from unauthorized access to his account. (coming soon….)
- Other benefits (coming soon…..)
You may now reset your password using “Profile Settings” or avail of any service offered.
Remember: This facility is a safe and secure method for direct login to your Income Tax Department e-Filing account only and is available ONLY through your Bank website after you have logged in and not through any other organization or entity or website.
Note: Your net-banking User ID or password is NOT shared by the bank to the Department
Republished with Amendments