If you have forgotten your e-Filing login password and you are unsuccessfull with the other options of resetting password, then you can use the new facility to get direct access to your Income Tax Department e-Filing account using the net-banking facility of your bank.
At this time the facility of direct e-Filing Login through Net banking is available through the following banks:
- Corporation Bank-Retail Banking: https://www.corpretail.com/RetailBank
- Corporation Bank-Corporate Banking: https://www.corpbank.biz/CorpBank/
- Union Bank of India: https://www.unionbankonline.co.in/
- Oriental Bank of Commerce: https://www.obconline.co.in/
- City Union Bank Ltd: https://www.onlinecub.net/
- Bank of India: http://www.bankofindia.co.in/english/home.aspx
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: https://www.kotak.com/
- Punjab National Bank: https://netbanking.netpnb.com/
The detailed steps are as follows –
- Taxpayer should be a registered user of Income Tax e-Filing Portal.
- Taxpayer should have already submitted the PAN details to the Bank. PAN is required to identify the taxpayer’s e-Filing account with the Income Tax Department.
- Taxpayer have to first go to the Internet/ Net / Online Banking website of the Bank which has already registered for this facility with the Department.
- Taxpayer after logging into his Net Banking account should select “Income Tax e-Filing Login” tab/menu item
- Taxpayer should Select the account number and enter the PAN for verification and click Submit
- Taxpayer should Accept the Rules and Regulations details
- Taxpayer should confirm that he may be redirected to his Income Tax Department e-Filing account – home page.
- Taxpayer can now reset the password and also avail of all services provided by the e-Filing Website of Income Tax Department, including, filing Income Tax Return.
Advantages of using this new facility
- Taxpayer gets direct access to his e-Filing account even if he has forgotten his password.
- Taxpayer gets a secure and safe way to login into his e-Filing account.
- Taxpayer can safeguard his e-Filing account by selecting/opting for “Password Resetting” only by using Digital Signature Certificate or through this new facility of direct login from his net-banking account, thereby preventing others from unauthorized access to his account. (coming soon….)
- Other benefits (coming soon…..)
Detailed steps using example of Corporation Bank Net banking
Go to https://www.corpretail.com/RetailBank/
Login in to your Corporation Bank Net banking account using your Bank provided User ID and password
Corporation Bank Net banking Homepage < Select Utility Payments < Select “Income Tax e-Filing Login”
– Select Account Number (IFSC Code) from the drop down
– Enter PAN
– Accept the Terms & Conditions
– Click on Submit
Click OK to get re-directed and automatically logged into Income tax Department e-Filing account (https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in)
You will get re-directed to Income Tax Department e-Filing website (https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in) and the home page showing the “Dashboard” after login will appear.
e-Filing Portal Taxpayer Dashboard
You may now reset your password using “Profile Settings” or avail of any service offered.
Remember: This facility is a safe and secure method for direct login to your Income Tax Department e-Filing account only and is available ONLY through your Bank website after you have logged in and not through any other organization or entity or website.
Note: Your net-banking User ID or password is NOT shared by the bank to the Department