TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA EXTRAORDINARY
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 38 /2002-2007
NEW DELHI: 4th October, 2002
Subject: Procedure for import of various items under Tariff Rate Quota(TRQ).
Attention is invited to Government of India, Ministry of Finance (Department Of Revenue ), notification no. 21/2002-Customs dated 1st March, 2002. As per the notification, import of the four items viz., (1) Skimmed and whole milk powder, milk food for babies etc. (0402.10 or 0402.21) (2) Maize (corn), other (1005.90) (3) Crude sunflower seed or safflower oil or fractions thereof(1512.11) and (4) Refined rape, colza or mustard oil, other (1514.19 or 1514.99) is allowed, upto the quantities as well as such concessional rates of customs duty as indicated at Sl.No. 3, 21(b), 35 and 37 respectively therein.
In exercise of powers conferred under Paragraph 2.4 of the Export and Import Policy 2002-2007, as notified in the Gazette of India extraordinary, Part-II Section 3, sub Section (ii) vide S.O. No. 349(E) dated 31.03.2002 as amended from time to time and as per provisions at condition no. 1 of the annexure to notification no. 21/2002-customs dated 1.3.2002, the Director General of Foreign Trade hereby notifies the procedure for allocation of this Tariff Rate Quota (TRQ) for the year 2002-03, as under:
1. Eligible entities for allocation of quota:
(a) Milk Powder (Tariff code no. 0402.10 or 0402.21): National Dairy Development Board(NDDB), State Trading Corporation(STC), National Cooperative Dairy Federation (NCDF), National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd.(NAFED), Minerals and Metals Trading Corporation (MMTC), Projects & Equipment Corporation of India Limited(PEC) and Spices Trading Corporation Limited (STCL) are eligible to avail the quota. However, they have to make imports only on behalf of actual users.
(b) Maize(corn)(Tariff Code NO. 1005.90): National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd.(NAFED), State Trading Corporation (STC), Minerals and Metals Trading Corporation (MMTC), Projects & Equipment Corporation of India Limited(PEC), Spices Trading Corporation Limited (STCL) and State Cooperative Marketing Federations are eligible to avail the quota. However, they have to make imports only on behalf of actual users.
(c) Crude sunflower seed or safflower oil or fractions thereof(Tariff Code No. 1512.11): National Dairy Development Board(NDDB), State Trading Corporation (STC), National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd.(NAFED) Spices Trading Corporation Limited (STCL) and Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC) are eligible to avail the quota. However, they have to make imports only on behalf of actual users.
(d) Refined rape, colza or mustard oil, other(Tariff Code No. 1514.19 or 1514.99): National Dairy Development Board(NDDB), State Trading Corporation (STC), National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd.(NAFED), Spices Trading Corporation Limited (STCL) and Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC) are eligible to avail the quota. However, they have to make imports only on behalf of actual users.
2. All eligible entities desiring availment of the quota as mentioned above, may make application for the same as per the form given in annexure 1 to this public notice. The applications may be made to Exim Facilitation Committee (EFC) in office of Directorate General of Foreign Trade(DGFT), Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi-110 011. The completed application forms along with the required/prescribed documents must reach this office on or before 17.10.2002.
3. The imports have to be completed before 31.03.2003 i.e. the consignments must be cleared by the customs authorities before this date.
4. Since import of maize (corn) is under State Trading Regime (STR), the allottes of quota i.e. designated agencies in para 1 (b) above for this item shall also be granted an import licence for the allotted quantities as indicated at sl. No. 21(b) of Customs Notification No. 21/2002 dated 1.3.2002 in terms of para 2.11 of Exim Policy, 2002-2007, if they do not wish to make the imports through Food Corporation of India (FCI).
5. The application fee for these applications shall be paid according to the procedure contained in appendix 29 to Handbook of Procedures, Vol.I, 2002-2007.
6. The entities, who are allotted the quota and who fail to make the imports within the stipulated time period, shall become ineligible for allocation of any quota of the same item for the next two years.
7. The allocation of quota, among the applicants shall be made by the Exim Facilitation Committee (EFC). For this purpose, the meeting will be chaired by Director General of Foreign Trade. Department of Revenue(Ministry of Finance), Department of Agriculture and Cooperation, Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying and Edible Oil Commissioner shall be represented to the committee.
This issues in the Public interest .
DIRECTOR GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
Copy to all concerned,
By order etc.
APPLICATION FORM FOR IMPORT OF ITEMS COVERED UNDER TARIFF RATE QUOTA (TRQ)
1. Please read the general instructions given at Appendix-1, Handbook of Procedure, Vol.I, before filling this application.
2. Please submit 5 copies of this application form.
File Number:……………………. Date…………..
1. Name of the applicant :
2. IEC No. :
3. Type of the concern :
4. Registration No./Date
and name of issuing
5. End Product(s) to be :
manufactured by use of item
proposed to be imported,
along with licensed capacity
6. Details of items applied
for import :
|Sr.No.||Description||ITC(HS) code||Quantity||CIF value||Country of origin|
6. Total CIF value applied : (In Rupees) Rs.
(In foreign currency)
7. Past production (Qty.) :
during the preceding
8. Justification for import :
9. Name(s) of the actual users :
on whose behalf the imports
are proposed to be made
1. I/We hereby declare that the particulars and the statements
made in this application are true and correct to the best of
my /our knowledge and belief and nothing has been concealed or
2. I/We fully understand that any information furnished in the
application if proved incorrect or false will render me/us
liable for any penal action or other consequences as may be
prescribed in law or otherwise warranted.
3. I/We undertake to abide by the provisions of the Foreign Trade
(Development and Regulation) Act, 1992, the Rules and Orders
framed thereunder, the Export and Import Policy and the
Handbook of Procedures.
4. I/We hereby declare that the goods imported will be utilised
for the purpose for which they are imported and shall not be
sold or permitted to be sold by any other party unless
otherwise permitted as per the condition of the licence.
5. I hereby certify that I am authorised to verify and sign this
declaration as per Paragraph 9.9 of the Policy.
Signature of the Applicant:……………..
Official Address: ……………..
Place : ……………. Tele.No.: ……………..
Residential Address: ……………..
Date : ……………. ……………..
E-Mail address : ……………..
Documents to be enclosed with the application form:
1. Bank Receipt (in duplicate)/Demand Draft evidencing payment
of application fee in terms of Appendix-29.
2. Self certified copy of Proforma Invoice from foreign supplier
showing CIF value etc. of the goods.
3. Self Certified copy of Registration Certificate issued by
4. Copy(ies) of consent letter from Actual User(s).