Government of India
Ministry of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
POLICY CIRCULAR NO.3 (RE-99)/99-2000
ALL LICENSING AUTHORITIES
ALL COMMISSIONERS OF CUSTOMS
Subject: Export of products under DEPB scheme.
Instances have been reported to this Directorate regarding admissibility of DEPB rates for various products exported under the DEPB scheme as the description of such products do not match with the description given in the DEPB rates. The matter has been examined by the DEPB Committee in consultation with the concerned Administrative Ministries. The following clarification in respect of the aforesaid products are given :
1. The item non alloy Skelp shall be covered under S.No. 391 of engineering products as given in Appendix 28A of Handbook (Vol.1).
2. The item Non Alloy steel rail and sleepers shall be covered under Serial number 381 of engineering products as given in Appendix 28A of Handbook (Vol.1).
3. The item stainless steel in coil form shall be covered under Serial number 389 of engineering products as given in Appendix 28A of Handbook (Vol.1).
4. The DEPB rates in respect of export products covered under Serial number 69, 113 and 244 of engineering product shall cover the export products in galvanised form also. Likewise, in respect of export products covered under Serial number 178, 466, 508 and 517 of engineering products, the DEPB rates shall cover such products in ungalvanised form as well.
5. The Ministry of Textiles has confirmed that the garments made from netted fabrics would fall in the category of knitted garments for the purpose of DEPB benefits. Therefore, the DEPB rates applicable for knitted garments as given in different Serial number of DEPB rate list mentioned in Appendix 28A shall be applicable to garments made from netted fabrics.
This issues with the approval of DGFT.
Do you think CBDT should extend Tax Audit Report and relevant ITR Due Date? Please Comment, Vote, Retweet and Like.— Tax Guru (@taxguru_in) September 18, 2018