Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department of Commerce
Public Notice No. 9/2015-2020
New Delhi, the 1 May, 2015
Subject:- Allocation of quantity for export of sugar to EU under CXL quota and to USA under Tariff Rate Quota.
In exercise of the powers conferred under Paragraphs 2.04 of the Foreign Trade Policy, 2015-2020, the Director General of Foreign Trade hereby allocates a quantity of (i) 10,000 MTs (Ten thousand metric tons) of white sugar for export of CXL Concessions sugar to European Union (EU) for the period October, 2014 to September, 2015 and (ii) 8424 MTs (Eight thousand four hundred and twenty four metric tons) of raw sugar (at 98 degree pol), out of non-levy (Free Sale) quota for export under Tariff Rate Quota (TRQ) to USA for the US fiscal year 2015 (October 1, 2014 to September 30. 2015).
2. As per Notification No. 3/2015-20 dated 20.04.2015, export of sugar (HS Code 17010000) to EU under CXL Quota and export of sugar to USA under TRQ is ‘Free’ subject to the conditions notified in the ‘Nature of Restrictions’ in the above notification.
3. As per Article 10 of European Union Regulation (EC) No. 891/2009 of 25.9.2009 “release for free circulation for the quotas of CXL concession sugar with order no.09.4321 shall be subject to the presentation of a certificate of origin issued by the competent authority of the third country concerned in accordance with articles 55 to 65 of Regulation (EEC) No. 2454/93”. Accordingly, the entries to be made in the export authorization document EUR and GSP are as follows:-
(i) CXL Concessions Sugar
“[Application of Regulation (EC) No. 891/2009 under Schedule CXL (European Communities). CXL Concessions Sugar Serial No. 09.4321]”.
4. Certificate of Origin as per details given in para (3) above shall be issued by the Additional Director General of Foreign Trade, Mumbai and EUR Form is to be endorsed by Customs at the Port of Shipment.
5. Certificate of Origin, if required, for export of preferential sugar to USA, shall be issued by Additional Director General of Foreign Trade, Mumbai. Other certification requirement, if any, prescribed specifically for export of sugar to USA would continue to be followed.
6. The reporting requirement as notified vide Notification No. 3/2015-2020 dated 20.04.2015 would be required to be followed.
7. Effect of this Public Notice:
The quantity of sugar to be exported to EU under CXL Quota and to USA under TRQ upto 30.09.2015 has been notified.
Director General of Foreign Trade
(Issued from F.No.01/91/180/879/AM08/Export Cell/Pt)