OSP stands for Other Service Providers referring to the service provided in the Telecommunication Industry which uses telecom resources. It involves BPO/call centers, e-commerce, telebanking, telemedicine,-education, and other IT enabled services. Department of Telecommunication under the New Telecom Policy (NTP) 1999 made it compulsory for OSPs using telecom resources to obtain License.
Therefore, it is mandatory for service providers in India providing services like telemedicine, tele-education, telebanking, tele-training, call center, e-commerce, network operation center, other IT Enabled Services and is using telecom resources.
Types of OSP License
OSP providing the application services within national boundaries is known as Domestic OSP. Whereas, OSP providing application services beyond national boundaries is known as International OSP.
Formalities and Documents Required for Registration
In order to obtain the OSP License in India, following are the steps that are needed to be following”
1. Step 1: Company Incorporation: The first step is to register your company to the MCA (Ministry of Corporate Affairs). (But since Scarlet is already a Incorporated company, we need to skip this step)
2. Step 2: Gathering Documents: The second step is to gather the following documents in and organizing it for the upload:
1. PAN card of the company.
2. Certificate of Incorporation issued by Registrar of Company
3. Memorandum and Article of Association of the company.
4. Board resolution or Power of Attorney authorizing the authorised signatory with attested signatures.
5. List of the present directors of the company.
6. A note specifying the nature of the OSP (within 50 words to be given by the company)
7. Present shareholding pattern of the company indicating equity details (Indian Equity and Foreign Equity).
8. A network Diagram: OSPs shall submit a copy of the network diagram approved by the Telecom Service Provider (TSP) to DOT Cells for records and verification.
All the documents must be certified with seal by either a practising Company Secretary or one of the Directors of the Company or Statutory Auditors (Chartered Accountant) or Public Notary.
3. Step 3: Applying for the OSP registration online: the application is available online on the saralsanchar website (Form A).
Conditions and Validity of OSP License
OSP License is valid for 20 years from the date of issue which can be extended up to 10 years.
However, after receiving registration for one location, the OSP can apply for another location providing the OSP license of the obtained location and a copy of incorporation by ROC i.e, it is location specific license and non- transferable.
For multiple registration:-
After getting the registration certificate for the first location, the OSP may apply to other respective designated authorities for remaining sites. In such cases, the OSP has to submit only copy of OSP Registration obtained for first site and a copy of certificate of incorporation issued by registrar of companies if such request is made by OSP within one year and there is no change in the status of previously submitted documents. But for registration after one year a complete set of documents shall be required to be submitted. (vi) The OSP shall intimate the Authority in case the OSP proposes to change the POP or add another POP.
Post Registration formalities:
1. The OSP shall submit ‘Annual return’ to the registering authority in the prescribed Performa within six months of completion of the financial year, indicating the details of the activities of the previous financial year and the status of their continuing the OSP operation. The operational OSPs shall be put in the Active OSP list.
2. The OSP shall take the Telecom Resources from an Authorised Telecom Service Provider only for example Airtel, Tata.
3. The OSP shall set up call centre having at least 50 seats.