NOTIFICATION NO. 140/2007, DATED 30-3-2007
Whereas the Central Government in exercise of the powers conferred by clause (iii) of sub-section (4) of section 80-IA of the Income-tax Act, 1961(43 of 1961)(hereinafter referred to as the said Act), has framed and notified a scheme for industrial park, by the notifications of the Government of India in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion) vide number S.O.193(E), dated the 30th March, 1999, for the period beginning on the 1st day of April, 1997 and ending on the 31st day of March, 2002 and vide number S.O. 354(E), dated the 1st day of April, 2002, for the period beginning on the 1st day of April, 1997 and ending on the 31st day of March, 2006;
AND WHEREAS M/s. Rajasthan State Industrial Development & Investment Corporation Limited, having registered office at Udyog Bhawan, Tilak Marg, Jaipur-302005 is developing a Growth Centre at Growth Centre Palsana, District-Sikar, Rajasthan -332001;
AND WHEREAS the Central Government has approved the said Growth Centre vide Ministry of Commerce and Industry Letter No. 15/99/2005-IP&ID, dated 9-5-2006 subject to the terms and conditions mentioned in the annexure to this notification;
NOW, THEREFORE, in exercise of the powers conferred by clause (iii ) of sub-section (4) of section 80-IA of the said Act, the Central Government hereby notifies the undertaking, being developed and being maintained and operated by M/s. Rajasthan State Industrial Development & Investment Corporation Limited, Jaipur, as an Industrial Park for the purposes of the said clause (iii).
The terms and conditions on which the approval of the Government of India has been accorded for setting up of a Growth Centre by M/s. Rajasthan State Industrial Development & Investment Corporation Limited, Jaipur.
|1.(i)||Name of the Industrial Undertaking||:||Rajasthan State Industrial Development & Investment Corporation Limited|
|(ii)||Proposed location||:||Growth Centre Palsana, District-Sikar, Rajasthan-332 001|
|(iii)||Area of Industrial Park||:||88.23 Acres|
|Nature of Industrial activity with NIC code|
|A||2 & 3||–||–||–||Manufacturing|
|(v)||Percentage of allocable area earmarked for Industrial use||:||94.07%|
|(vi)||Percentage of allocable area earmarked for commercial use||:||05.92%|
|(vii)||Minimum number of industrial units||:||96 Units|
|(viii)||Total investments proposed (Amount in Rupees)||:||5,94,00,000|
|(ix)||Investment on built up space for Industrial use (Amount in Rupees)||:||Nil|
|(x)||Investment on Infrastructure Development including investment on built up space for industrial use (Amount in Rupees)||:||4,69,54.000|
|(xi)||Proposed date of commencement of the Industrial Park||:||31-3-2006|
2. The minimum investment on infrastructure development in a Growth Centre shall not be less than 50% of the total project cost. In the case of Growth Centre which provides built-up space for industrial use, the minimum expenditure on infrastructure development including cost of construction of industrial space, shall not be less than 60% of the total project cost.
3. Infrastructure development shall include, roads (including approach roads), water supply and sewerage, common effluent treatment facility, telecom network, generation and distribution of power, air-conditioning and such other facilities as are for common use for industrial activity which are identifiable and are provided on commercial terms.
4. No single unit referred to in column (2) of the Table given in sub-paragraph (b) of paragraph 6 of S.O. 354(E), dated the 1st April, 2002, shall occupy more than fifty per cent of the allocable industrial area of an Growth Centre. For this purpose a unit means any separate and distinct entity for the purpose of one and more State or Central tax laws.
5. Necessary approvals, including that for foreign direct investment or non-resident Indian investment by the Foreign Investment Promotion Board or Reserve Bank of India or any authority specified under any law for the time being in force, shall be taken separately as per the policy and procedures in force.
6. The tax benefits under the Act can be availed of only after the number of units indicated in Para l (vii) of this Notification, are located in the Growth Centre.
7. M/s. Rajasthan State Industrial Development & Investment Corporation Limited, Jaipur, shall continue to operate the Growth Centre during the period in which the benefits under clause (iii) of sub-section (4) of section 80-IA of the Income-tax Act, 1961 are to be availed.
8. In case the commencement of the Growth Centre is delayed by more than one year from the date indicated in Para 1 (xi) of this notification, fresh approval will be required under the Industrial Park Scheme, 2002, for availing benefits under sub-section 4(iii) of section 80-IA of the Income-tax Act, 1961.
9. The approval will be invalid and M/s. Rajasthan State Industrial Development & Investment Corporation Limited, Jaipur, shall be solely responsible for any repercussions of such invalidity, if
(i) the application on the basis of which the approval is accorded by the Central Government contains wrong information/misinformation or some material information has not been provided in it.
(ii) it is for the location of the Growth Centre for which approval has already been accorded in the name of another undertaking.
10. In case M/s. Rajasthan State Industrial Development & Investment Corporation Limited, Jaipur, transfers the operation and maintenance of the Growth Centre (i.e. , transferor undertaking) to another undertaking (i.e., the transferee undertaking), the transferor and transferee shall jointly intimate to the Entrepreneurial Assistance Unit of the Secretariat for Industrial Assistance, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi-11 along with a copy of the agreement executed between the transferor and transferee undertaking for the aforesaid transfer.
11. The conditions mentioned in this notification as well as those included in the Industrial Park Scheme, 2002 should be adhered to during the period for which benefits under this scheme are to be availed. The Central Government may withdraw the above approval in case M/s. Rajasthan State Industrial Development & Investment Corporation Limited, Jaipur, fails to comply with any of the conditions.
12.Any amendment of the project plan without the approval of the Central Government or detection in future, or failure on the part of the applicant to disclose any material fact, will invalidate the approval of the Growth Centre.