Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue (CBDT)
North Block, New Delhi, the 25th of July, 2016
All Principal Chief Commissioners of Income-tax
Subject: Corrigendum regarding the ‘Letter Template’ issued vide letter of Board dated 22.07.2016 in connection with handling of AIR transactions without valid PAN-regd.-
Please refer to the above communique in file of even number wherein at pare 3, Board had specified and enclosed ‘Template’ of Letter to be issued to the ‘transacting party’.
2. In this regard, I am directed to bring to kind notice that subsequently AEG (Systems)-2 vide e-mail dated 23.07.2016 addressed to all Pr. CCsIT has enclosed the revised `Template’ to be used while communicating in P2 & P3 category cases by the field The same is enclosed for ready reference. Thus. the earlier ‘Template’ format issued vide letter dated 22.07.2016 may please be ignored.
3. The above may kindly be brought to the notice of all concerned so to ensure that only the revised ‘Template’ is used while handling reported cases of AIR transactions without valid PAN as per Standard Operating Procedure dated 22.07.2016.
Enclosure: Revised Template Letter
Deputy Secretary to Government of India
i. PS to Chairman (CBDT)/All Members, CBDT
ii. PS to Revenue Secretary
iii. Pr. DGIT(Systems) for effectuating necessary modification
iv. Addl. CIT, Data base Cell for uploading on irsofficers website
v. ADG-4, Systems for uploading on incometaxindia website
Deputy Secretary to Government of India
INCOME TAX DEPARTMENT
Non-PAN AIR/<LetterlD> Date: _ _ / _ _ / _ _
Subject: Request for linking of large value transaction(s)to a valid PAN
As you are aware, the Government of India functions based on collection of tax revenues, contributed by large number of taxpayers. If you are also one such tax payer, we would like to thank you for your contribution to the tax kitty of Government of India. We need your cooperation in this matter,
2. The Income Tax Department has received information about large value transactions relating to you under the Annual Information Return (AIR) without a valid PAN. The list of such transactions is provided
3. You are requested to submit the on-line response as under:
i. Login to e-filing portal at https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. If you are not registered with the e-filing use the `Register Yourself’ link to register.
ii. Click on “Non-PAN Transaction” link under “Quick links” or Compliance section and search using the Transaction Sequence Number (TSN) communicated to you_
iii. Confirm that the transaction relates to you By confirming, the transaction will be linked to your PAN and further details will be visible
iv. Submit online response and keep acknowledgement for record
4. Submission of electronic response will be treated as response to this letter. You are not required to visit Income tax office or send any letter or document in response to this In case you make a mistake in submission of response, you may further revise it by login to e-filing portal.
5. If no response is electronically submitted within 15 days of receipt of this letter, appropriate proceedings under Income Tax Act. 1961 may be initiated.
6. You may use Departmental helpline to ask questions or send e-mail for clarifications. Please quote your unique transaction sequence number in any email that you may send. Our toll free helpline number is 1800 180 1961 (Option 5) and email address is _________
|This letter has been electronically generated and requires no physical signature.|
List of Transaction(s) reported without a valid PAN
|1||1000002223||2009-10||AIR-007||Purchase of Immovable Property||<XX,XX,XXX>|
|2||1000012123||2009-10||AIR-007||Purchase of Immovable Property||<XX,XX,XXX>|
|3||1000023567||2010-11||AIR-001||Cash Deposit in Bank Account||<XX,XX,XXX>|
|4||1000007866||2010-11||AIR-001||Sale of Immovable Property||<XX,XX,XXX>|
For kind information of all
The Government has opened an Income Declaration Scheme from 1st June 2016 to 30th September 2016, under which any undisclosed income can be declared by payment of tax and penalty. Please refer to the website http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in for details.