Quoting of HSN on Tax Invoices With effect from April 1, 2021
A. Quoting of HSN Classification on Invoices (With effect from April 1, 2021) –
a. HSN at 6 digits for B2B supplies for taxpayers with aggregate annual turnover above Rs. 5 crores
b. HSN at 4 digits for B2B supplies for taxpayers with aggregate annual turnover up to Rs. 5 crores
If the supplies by registered person having aggregate turnover up to five crores rupees in the previous FY, HSN reporting on tax invoice for supplies made to unregistered persons (B2C) may not be required.
B. Table for HSN/SAC reporting based on Turnover and Nature of Supplies –
|S.No||Aggregate Annual Turnover||Supplies made to||Nature of Supply||HSN||SAC|
|1||Above Rs 5 Crores||B2B||Domestic (Inter/Intra)||6 Digits||6 Digits|
|2||Upto Rs 5 Crores||B2B||Domestic (Inter/Intra)||4 Digits||6 Digits|
|3||Upto Rs 5 Crores in Previous FY||B2C||Domestic (Inter/Intra)||Not Required||6 Digits|
|4||Turnover of any value||Exports||Exports||8 Digits||6 Digits|
C. Steps for implementation of above notification –
1. Ascertain your aggregate annual turnover for FY 2020-21
2. Check nature of supplies (B2B/B2C/Exports)
3. Review invoice format in Accounting package (SAP/Oracle/Tally or customized package)
4. Test the print and email format of the invoice
5. For any discrepancy reach out to Service provider for invoice formatting
6. Develop Outward Supply Reports (Sales and Inter-State Stock Transfer) incorporating HSN digits.
About TaxMarvel: You can contact us at: Email: [email protected]
Disclaimer: The content of this document is for general information purpose only. TaxMarvel shall not accept any liability for any decision taken based on the advice. You should carefully study the situation before taking any decision.