Government of India
Ministry of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhavan, New Delhi
Policy Circular No. 20 (RE-99)/99-2000
The Tribal Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd
National Dairy Development Board Ltd (NDDB)
The Madhya Pradesh State Cooperatives Oilseeds Growers Federation Ltd
The Karnataka State Agricultural Produce Processing and Export Corporation Ltd.
The Government of Bihar
The Government of Andhra Pradesh.
Subject : Guidelines to be adopted in respect of the export of Niger Seeds
Attention is invited to Notification No 20(RE-99)/1997-2002 dated 9th July, 1999 wherein the export policy in respect of export of Niger seeds is laid down.
It may be noted that the TRIFED Ltd has been made the sole canalizing agency for export of Niger seeds from the country in accordance with the directions issued by the DGFT from time to time. In pursuance of the above referred notification it has been further decided that the TRIFED shall adopt the following procedure for export of Niger seeds.
1. The TRIFED will declare a minimum export price (MEP) from time to time for export of Niger Seeds
2. The TRIFED Ltd may designate the National Dairy Development Board Ltd (NDDB) , The Madhya Pradesh State Cooperatives Oilseeds Growers Federation Ltd , The Karnataka State Agricultural Produce Processing and Export Corporation Ltd. and Bihar and Andhra Pradesh Government nominated Agencies as their Associate Shippers.
1. Associate Shippers may undertake exports directly or may register qualified exporters to whom permits may be granted for undertaking exports. Associate Shippers will be allocated export quota based on their past export performance. A quota of 5000 MTs of Niger seed should be allocated to The Karnataka State Agricultural Produce Processing and Export Corporation Ltd (KAPPEC Ltd)
2. The registered exporters are to pay the associate shippers under whom they are registered a fee @ 5% of the FOB value for the consignment exported.
3. The Associate Shippers is to share fee collected from the registered exporters @ 5% of FOB value equally between itself and the TRIFED Ltd.
4. The TRIFED is to use its share of 2.5% of the registration fee for tribal/farmer welfare.
5. The Associate Shippers shall utilize the 2.5% registration fee for establishment of infrastructure that will improve and maintain the quality of exports.
6. The Associate Shippers will render weekly reports to the TRIFED on the number of export contracts registered along with quantity and FOB value.
7. The TRIFED shall provide a fortnightly report to the Commerce Ministry on the exports of Niger Seeds.
8. Half yearly report is to be provided indicating the utilization of funds received and the steps taken to improve the production/processing/exports of Niger Seeds.
This issues with the approval of the DG.
Jt Director General of Foreign Trade
For Director General of Foreign Trade
Issued from File no. 01/91/162/51/AM99