Announcement- 2nd February 2015
On-line facility for seeking change of Centre/Group/Medium for appearing in CA examinations
It is found that some candidates while filling the examination application form (either online or physical ) do not exercise reasonable care and commit errors and seek change of Centre/Group/Medium, on account of errors committed by them in their examination application forms, after submission.
With a view to provide an opportunity to the candidates to correct such errors made by them while submitting their examination application forms, it has been decided to put in place an online facility to view and correct errors if any, committed by them while submitting the examination application form, in the fields of Centre/Group/Medium, (i.e. for seeking change of Centre/Group/Medium), with effect from May 2015 examinations.
Salient features of the facility are as follows:
1. Manual applications seeking change of Centre/Group/Medium will not be entertained.
2. The on-line window for seeking change of Centre/Group/Medium will made available at http://icaiexam.icai.org
3. This online facility will be available to the candidates who have submitted their examination application forms online as well as to those who submitted physical examination forms, i.e. OMR forms.
4. This online facility will be available to the candidates, in two separate sessions. The first opportunity (called “Correction Window”) will be free of cost and the second opportunity ( called “Corrections with fee-Window”) will be for a fee of Rs 1000/-.
5. Candidates will be able to check the status of their request for change of Centre/Group/Medium from the above-mentioned website.
Details are as follows:
I. Free on-line facility for seeking change of Centre/Group/Medium:
1. Details contained in the examination application forms ( Both online as well as physical) submitted by the candidates will be hosted on website http://icaiexam.icai.org, normally about one week after the last date for submission of examination application forms with late fee.
2. This “Correction Window” will be open for a week.
3. A candidate while applying for change of Centre/Group/Medium through the online facility as mentioned above, will be required to input the following details, as filled in by him, in his examination application form
4. Candidates ( those who submitted their examination application forms online as well those who submitted physical, i. .e OMR examination application forms) will be permitted to correct errors if any, including Centre/Group/Medium opted, etc., in the data hosted, when the “Correction Window” is open.
5. Candidates will also be permitted to change the Group opted, i.e., from single Group to both Groups and the Centre opted, i.e., from an Indian Centre to Overseas Centre and pay the differential examination fee online through the payment gateway, through the “Correction Window” .
6. A change may include change of Centre/Group/Medium either jointly or severally.
7. This facility is available free of cost.
8. The candidate will be required to upload scanned copy of a handwritten/typed application for change of Centre/Group/Medium duly signed by him.
9. Upon submission of the request, the candidate will get a Successful Submission confirmation on the screen. It is made clear here that successful submission of request does not mean that the request has been approved.
10. Admit cards will be issued to the candidates who apply through this “Correction Window”, after incorporating the changes sought.
II. On-line facility for seeking change of Centre/Group/Medium for a fee of Rs 1000/-
1. Those who are desirous of seeking change of Centre/Group/Medium, after the closure of the “Correction Window” will be permitted to apply for the same, online, through this window. This window will open from 12th April and 12th October for CA Final and Intermediate (IPC) examinations held in May and November respectively and on 25st May and 25th November for Common Proficiency Test held in June and December respectively.
2. This “Corrections with Fee-Window” will close one week before the commencement of the relevant examination.
3. The facility will be available for a fee of Rs 1000/- for either one or more changes requested. Fee for seeking one or more changes, i.e. change of Centre coupled with change of Medium or Group as the case may be, will be Rs 1000/- only. i.e. if a candidate seeks Center and Medium change, he will still be required to pay Rs 1000/- only and not Rs 1000/- for each change separately. The fee will be required to be paid online, either through debit/credit card.
4. Candidates will also be permitted to change the Group opted, i.e., from single Group to both Groups and the Centre opted, i.e., from an Indian Centre to Overseas Centre and pay the differential examination fee plus the fee of Rs 1000/-as mentioned above, online, through the payment gateway.
5. Requests for change of Centre/Group/Medium received subsequent to the closure of the “Corrections with Fee-Window”, i.e., during the period of 7 days immediately preceding the commencement of examination, shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
6. A candidate while applying for change of Centre/Group/Medium through the online facility as mentioned above, will be required to input the following details:
7. The candidate will be required to upload scanned copy of a handwritten/typed application for change of Centre/Group/Medium duly signed by him.
8. Applications for changes sought shall be permitted only once. Once a candidate submits his option for a change, he cannot go back to his earlier choice or seek another change.
9. Upon submission of the request, the candidate will get a Successful Submission confirmation on the screen. It is made clear here that successful submission of request does not mean that the request has been approved. Upon approval of the request, details of the changes effected will be hosted on the same website and candidates can check the same.
10. The candidates and the new centers where they are shifted, as per the request of candidate, will be advised of the change by way of a letter.
11. No fresh Admit Card will be issued to the candidates. Candidates will be required to appear in the examination, with the Admit Card already issued/downloaded from website and a copy of the approval letter sent to them or printed from the website.
III. Norms governing the change of Centre/Group/Medium, through the “Corrections with Fee-Window”
1. Change of Centre will be permitted subject to administrative exigencies and cannot be claimed as a matter of right.
2. Change of examination centre from one city to another city will generally be considered.
3. In the case of multi zone cities, it will be the endeavour of the Institute to allot the candidates to examination centres ( i.e. schools/colleges) in the zones which they have opted in the examination application form. However, Institute shall be at liberty to shift the candidates to centres ( i.e schools/colleges) in a zone other than the zone opted, in the same city, in case of shortage of accommodation in the zone opted for or on account of any other administrative exigencies.
4. Change of centre from one zone to another zone, within the same city shall not be permitted.
5. Change from one examination centre (i.e. school/college) to another examination centre ( i.e. school/college) within the same zone, in a city, shall not be permitted.
6. Change of Group will generally be considered.
7. Change of Medium will be permitted subject to availability of the medium sought at the particular centre( i.e. school/college) where the candidate is originally allotted. If the medium sought is not available at the centre( i.e. school/college) where the candidate is initially allotted, the candidate may be shifted to another centre( i.e. school/college) in the same city/zone where the medium sought is available.
8. Institute shall not be responsible/ liable in respect of any hardship and/or consequential loss/damages that may be suffered by a candidate, in case he applies for the same, during the period of 7 days immediately preceding the commencement of examination and his request is not entertained.
9. The fee of Rs 1000/- received for change of Centre/Group/Medium will not be refunded, except in those cases where the request cannot be considered on account of administrative reasons. Refund of such fee of Rs 1000/-, if applicable, will be made, 15 days after the last date of the examination.
The above arrangement will be effective for submission of examination application forms relating to May 2015 examination onwards.
Candidates are advised to take note of the above provisions carefully and take advantage of the on-line facility being made available appropriately.
For any clarifications in this regard, candidate may write to
Final Candidates : final email@example.com
Intermediate(IPC) candidates : intermediate firstname.lastname@example.org
CPT candidates : cpt email@example.com
Do you think CBDT should extend Tax Audit Report and relevant ITR Due Date? Please Comment, Vote, Retweet and Like.— Tax Guru (@taxguru_in) September 18, 2018