Three years of GST – booklet brought out by Goods and Services Network (GSTN)
On completion of three years of GST , GSTN has brought out an informative booklet titled ‘Three Years of GST’. Data published shows that all stake holders can be proud of the excellent performance, despite huge challenges and constraints. All stake holders concerned should go through this interesting document to know the journey we have travelled during last three years.
- As on 30th June 2020, active tax payers are as under :
Normal Taxpayers : 1,03,96,876
Composition taxpayers : 17,11,581
ISD : 7387
Casual Taxpayers : 45
TCS Collectors : 9250
TDS deductors : 1,85,657
UIN holders : 2264
Nonresident Taxpayers : 3
Total active registrations: 1,23,11,104
- Out of 1,23,11,104, migrated registrations are 53,28,537.
- Remarkable performance in registration is observed in many consumption states such as Uttar Pradesh ( 15,17,466), Rajasthan ( 7,22,445), Odisha (2,61,837) , West Bengal (6,92,625).
- In terms of contribution in value in GST revenue , Public Limited Company contributes 35.29% followed by Private Limited Companies with 27.51%
- Out of total refunds filed of Rs 89490.29 crores in GST portal, payment orders in RFD05 have been issued for Rs 45,173.17 crores-an excellent supporting measure during COVID period.
- Refunds pending in RFD03s of Rs 25,788 crores, which is quite high considering the fact that submission of refund claim through GST portal is well structured and scope for discrepancies is quite less.
- Almost 70.63 crores e-way bills generated during 1st April 2019 to 30th June 2020
There are many other useful information in this small booklet!