Sales Tax Bar Association, Delhi has made a request to FM for extension of due dates for Tax Audit, Transfer Pricing Audit, Statutory Audit and Income Tax Returns Filing for the Assessment Year 2020-21. Relevant Text of the Representation is as follows:-
SALES TAX BAR ASSOCIATION
December 21, 2020
Smt Nirmala Sitharaman,
Hon’ble Finance Minister,
Ministry of Finance,
New Delhi – 110001
Subject : Request for extension of due dates for Tax Audit, Transfer Pricing Audit, Statutory Audit and Income Tax Returns Filing for the Assessment Year 2020-21
The Sales Tax Bar Association (Regd.), having been established on 30th March, 1957, is one of the oldest and the largest Association of Tax Professionals in the country. The present strength of our Bar is over 1700 actively practicing Members comprising of Advocates, Chartered Accountants and Tax Professionals. The Sales Tax Bar Association is the only Bar Association in the country which-
i) regularly holds Study Circle Meetings every month in which eminent speakers deliver lectures.
ii) holds Groups Discussions every month in which queries of the members, particularly the younger members, are answered on the spot.
iii) is regularly encouraging the younger members to speak by way of a programme called “Grooming the Young”.
iv) is regularly publishing its own law Journal – Delhi Sales Tax Cases for the last 62 years.
v) is successfully running a Benevolent Fund Scheme since 1975 under which financial assistance is provided to the family of a deceased member.
vi) is committed to and also rendering Social Service.
2. THAT we respectfully submit a request in this pandemic era for extending the due dates of Tax Audit, Transfer Pricing Audit, Statutory Audits and Income Tax Returns filing for the year endiing 31.03.2020 to March 31, 2021.
3. THAT at the cost of repetition, we state and submit that the country is passing through a pandemic which is still to be controlled. No doubt, Government has done a lot to alleviate the sufferings of the citizens, still the nightmare is not over. Though various announcements about unlocking the lockdowns, night curfew, weekly offs, have been announced, yet, we find several State Governments have imposed various restrictions based on spread and severity of the COVID-19. In many States, inter-State movement is restricted. In addition to this, public in general and senior citizens, in particular, are scared to move out due to fear of catching infections. The difficulty is compounded by the fact that Staff refuses to devote full time and in many cases, near and dear ones of the assessees or of the staff is infected and even cases of post cure, the normal life cannot be led. In several cases, the departmental functionaries are not able to attend to their duties as was in normal times.
4. THAT at the same time, Chartered Accountants, Tax Consultants and Tax Practitioners are also scared to attend to the assessees due to fear of COVID-19. The details required for completing audits and filing returns are not being received promptly which delays the process of audit and preparation of returns. Travelling to places for audit is another nightmare. Almost all the stakeholders have seen infections in their families, clients, near and dear ones. On the top of it, the senior citizens are mandatorily advised to stay at home. All this hampers the reconciliation of various transactions of one assessee with the other and the assessees are not in a position to finalise audits and preparation of returns in the absence of such reconcilitations.
5. THAT Your Honour would appreciate that there has been considerable delays in release of utilities and instructions which may also be attributed to the COVID-19 and not in respect to the government machinery.
6. In view of the above difficulties being faced by all stake holders, we humbly request Your Honour to take into consideration the prevailing difficulties sympathetically and extend the due date for various audits and income tax returns filing for the year ending 31.03.2020 to March 31,2021.
Hope to receive your magnanimous consideration!
|S. No.||Date||Association||Particulars with link|
|1||9 Dec 2020||Western Maharashtra Tax Practitioners||Extend due dates of Tax Audit & ITR for AY 2020–21|
|2||12 Dec 2020||Gujarat Sales Tax Bar||Extend GSTR-9/9A/9C due date for FY 2019-20 to 30/06/2021|
|3||12 Dec 2020||Chamber of Tax Consultants||Extend due dates for Tax/Transfer Pricing Audit & ITR for AY 2020-21|
|4||12 Dec 2020||Tax Practitioner’s Association, Indore||Extend due dates for filing Tax/TP Audit Report & ITR for AY 2020-21|
|5||14 Dec 2020||AGFTC, ITBC and CAA||Extend due dates of Tax Audit Reports/ITR for A.Y. 2020-21|
|6||15 Dec 2020||BCAS, CAA (Ahmedabad), CAA (Surat), KSCAA & LCAS||Request to Extend Due dates under GST & Income Tax|
|7||15 Dec 2020||Tax Bar Association, Bhilwara||Request to extend Due Date of filing of Tax Audit & ITR|
|8||15 Dec 2020||Direct Taxes Professionals’ Association, Kolkata||Extend due date of ITR & Tax Audit for AY 2020-21|
|9||16 Dec 2020||Lucknow CA Tax Practioners’ Association||Extend Due date for filing Tax Audit Report & ITR|
|10||16 Dec 2020||Jamshedpur Chartered Accountants||Extend Due Date of filing Tax Audit & ITR to 31.03.2021|
|11||13 Dec 2020||Direct Taxes Committee of ICAI||ICAI requests for extension of various Income-tax due dates|
|12||10 Dec 2020||Udaipur Tax Bar Association||Further extend due dates of ITR & Tax Audit Reports for FY 2019-20|
|13||15 Dec 2020||CA Social Affiliation (CASA)||Extend Tax/TP Audit Report & ITR filing due date for AY 2020-21|
|14||19 Dec 2020||Chartered Accountants Association, Jalandhar||Extend Due Dates for Tax Audit and Income Tax Return Filing|
|15||19 Dec 2020||All India Federation of Tax Practitioners (CZ)||Request for extension of due dates of Tax Audit Reports/ITR|
|16||19 Dec 2020||Vyyapaar Mandal Association, Nagore & AIMTPA||Extended Income Tax & GST Audit/Return/Compliance dates|
|17||17 Dec 2020||Emerging Businesses Chamber Of Commerce||Extend due dates for Income Tax Audit & Returns for AY 2020-21|
|18||Dec 2020||The Uttar Pradesh Tax Bar Association||Representation for Extension of time for Tax Audit & Return|
|19||19 Dec 2020||Tax Bar Association, Guwahati||Extend Tax Audit/ITR due dates for AY 2020-21|
|20||21 Dec 2020||Tax Bar Association, Guwahati||Extend due dates of GSTR-9/ GSTR-9C for FY 2018-19 & 2019-20|
|21||17 Dec 2020||Karnataka State Chartered Accountants Association||Waive Late Fees for Delayed Filing of GST Returns|
|22||15 Dec 2020||Direct Taxes Professionals’ Association||Extend Vivad Se Vishwas Scheme due date to 15.03.2021|
|23||15 Dec 2020||Direct Taxes Professionals’ Association||Extend due date of AGM to 31st March 2021|
|24||15 Dec 2020||Association of Tax payers & Professional, Agra||Extend due of GSTR-9, GSTR-9A & GSTR-9C|
|25||08 Dec 2020||Tax Bar Association (Regd), Allahabad||Extend due date of ITR/Tax Audit/GSTR-9/GSTR-9C|
|26||08 Dec 2020||Tax Consultant & Practitioners Association of Kerala||Extend due of ITR, GSTR 9, 9A & 9C for FY 2018-19 & 2019-20|
|27||21 Dec 2020||Tax Bar Association, Guwahati||Extend CFSS 2020 & LLP Settlement Scheme 2020 to 31.03.2021|
|28||22 Dec 2020||Income Tax Bar Association, Lucknow||Extend Time for filing ITR & Audit Report for A.Y 2020-21|
|28||22 Dec 2020||53 GST and Trade Associations||53 Associations requests Extension for GSTR 9, 9A & 9C|
|29||16 Dec 2020||Chandigarh Chartered Accountants Taxation Association||Extend Income Tax & GST Return & Audit due dates|
|30||22 Dec 2020||Bhayander CA Social Group||Request to extend Due date of Annual GST Return & Audit|
|31||22 Dec 2020||Luminaires Accessories Components Manufacturers Association||Extend due dates for Tax Audit & Income Tax Return filing for AY 2020-21|
|32||22 Dec 2020||All Professionals, Tax Payers and Stakeholders||Open letter for extension of Due dates under Income Tax and GST|
|33||22 Dec 2020||Punjab Accountants Association||Extend due date for filing ITR & Tax Audit Report- AY 2020-21|
|34||22 Dec 2020||Bhayander CA Social Group||Extend Income Tax Audit & ITR Due dates for AY 2020-21|
|35||23 Dec 2020||The Tax Bar Association, Odisha||Extend due dates of Audit Reports, ITRs, GST Returns, VSV Scheme|
|36||21 Dec 2020||Sales Tax Bar Association, Delhi||Extend Tax/TP Audit & ITR Due dates for AY 2020-21|
|37||23 Dec 2020||Direct Taxes Professionals’ Association||Extend Income Tax, Companies & CGST Act compliance due dates|
|38||24 Dec 2020||ICSI||Extend due dates of CFSS, LLPSS, Charge Forms, Meetings|
|39||24 Dec 2020||All Odisha Tax Advocates Association||Extend due date for filing TAR/ITR/GSTR9/9A/9C|
|40||25 Dec 2020||BJP Economic Cell, Rajasthan||Extend Income Tax, GST, LLP, Company Law due dates|
|41||23 Dec 2020||Hyderabad Chartered Accountants’ Society||Extend Due date under GST and Income Tax|
|42||22 Dec 2020||A. P. Tax Bar Association, Vijayawada||Extend date of filing of GSTR 9, GSTR 9C and IT returns|
|43||03 Jan 2021||National Company Law Tribunal Bar Association||Representation for further extension of CFSS 2020|
|44||25 Nov 2020||Merchants Chamber of Uttar Pradesh||Request for extension of Company Fresh Start Scheme 2020|
|45||04 Jan 2021||Adv. Anuj Bhatt||Request to President to take Suo-Moto cognizance of GST Issues|
|46||03 Jan 2021||The Chamber of Tax Consultants||Extend Income-tax due dates with humane approach|
|47||01 Jan 2021||WMTPA||Highly Disappointing GST Audit Due Date Extension|
|48||01 Jan 2021||The A.P. Tax Bar Association, Vijayawada||Extend due date of Form GSTR 9 and 9C for year 2018-19|