Who are not required to file GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C?
Following person are not required to file GST Annual Return (GSTR-9) and GST Audit (GSTR 9C)-
-Input Service Distributor
-Casual taxable person
-Non-resident taxable person
-Person supplying OIDAR service from Place outside India [Notification No 30/2019 Central Tax Non Rate]
-Foreign Airlines are not required to submit Form GSTR9C [Notification No 30/2019 Central Tax Non Rate]
(Due Date– 31st December of the Next F.Y.)
|Turnover||GSTR 9||GSTR 9C|
|less than 2 crores||Optional||Not required|
|More than 2 crores upto 5 crores||Compulsory||Optional|
|More than 5 crores||Compulsory||Compulsory|
Checklist for GSTR- 9C:
1. First Prepare GSTR-9 which should be in a ready-to-file state.
2. Details of Turnover (Taxable, Exempted & Non- GST Supplies) as per audited financial statements.
3. Details of Unbilled revenue at the beginning of the financial year.
4. Details of Unbilled revenue at the end of the financial year.
5. Details of advances received at the beginning of the financial year.
6. Details of advances received at the end of the financial year.
7. List of debit/credit notes issued during the period and reconciliation of the same with books of
8. List of Invoices on which RCM was applicable and considered in Financial Statements.
9. Details of Rate wise outward supplies along with the tax amount
10. Ensure that the valuation rules are followed for the above points.
11. Details of Additional amount payable but not paid due to the discrepancies in the above points.
12. Details of ITC availed as per audited Annual Financial Statements.
13. Details of ITC booked in earlier Financial Years claimed in current Financial Year
14. Details ITC booked in current Financial Year to be claimed in subsequent Financial Year
15. Details of ITC claimed under different heads like (Purchases, Freight, Power and fuel, Royalties, Bank Charges, etc.)
16. Details of Tax payable if there are any discrepancies in points 11,12,13 and 14.
17. Auditor’s Recommendations if any on the discrepancies in the above points.
18. Management Representation Letter Required from the management in the specified format.
19. Fill all the details in the GSTR-9c offline tool Validate each and every sheet
20. Create JSON File Attach DSC of Auditor save JSON file
21. Signed JSON file, Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss Account or Signed Trial Balance will be uploaded to the GST Portal
22. File by attaching the DSC of the Taxpayer.