OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS, NS-I, III & V
(APPRAISING MAIN (IMPORT)
JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA-SHEVA
TAL-URAN, / RAIGAD -400707, MAHARASHTRA
F. No.S/22-Gen-133/2017-18/AM (I)
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 42/2019
Sub:-Examination and Assessment of RMS facilitated Bill of Entry – reg.
Attention of all the Importers, Exporters, General Trade, Other stake holders and Officers of JNCH is invited to the issue of import consignments selected for assessment but facilitated for examination by the system.
2. It is noticed that the Assessing Officers of Groups are, sometimes, giving examination order to verify compliance of RE-44/2000, which may entail opening of the packages and examination. Thus, the very purpose of facilitation for examination by RMS, gets defeated in case of such consignments. It is, therefore, instructed that the Assessing Officers should strictly refrain from giving such examination order which results into opening and examination of the import consignments.
3. However, it is mentioned that even if a particular consignment has been facilitated for examination by RMS, all the applicable mandatory requirements need to be adhered to strictly by the trade and the requisite documentary evidences are to be produced either at the time of assessment or at the time of out of charge of the goods. To make it more elaborate, an example is being quoted that if the consignment is such wherein compliance of RE-44/2000 is mandated, then the trade needs to furnish an undertaking to Customs on account of having complied with the requirement of RE-44/2000. Further, if the consignment is such where BIS is applicable, then the consignee should produce BIS registration to the officer giving out of charge. Such documents relating to compliance of relevant legal provisions are to be uploaded in e-sanchit in all cases.
4. Any deviation from the above for the purpose of carrying out examination of such goods shall, however be taken only with the prior approval of the jurisdictional Commissioner of Customs or an officer authorized by him for this purpose, who shall not be below the rank of Additional/Joint Commissioner of Customs, and after recording the reasons for the same. A brief remark on the reasons and the particulars of Commissioner’s authorization should be made by the officer examining the goods in the departmental comments in the EDI system.
5. Difficulty, if any may be brought to the notice of Additional/Joint Commissioner, Appraising Main (Imp) through email/phones (email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone No. 022-27244979).
6. This Public Notice should be considered as Standing Order for the purpose of Officers and staff.
(S. K. Mall)
Commissioner of Customs (NS-I)
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/ NS-I/ NS-II / NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
3. All Additional / Joint Commissioners of Customs, JNCH.
4. All Deputy / Assistant Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Sections / Groups of NS-G, NS-I, NS-II / NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH. 7. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately.