Securities and Exchange Board of India
January 29, 2018
All Recognized Depositories
Dear Sir / Madam,
Subject: Online Registration Mechanism and Filing System for Depositories
1. In order to ease the process of application for recognition / renewal, reporting and other filings in terms of Securities and Exchange Board of India (Depositories and Participants) Regulations, 1996 and other circulars issued from time to time, SEBI has introduced a digital platform for online filings related to Depositories.
2. All applicants desirous of seeking registration as a Depository in terms of Regulation 3 of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Depositories and Participants) Regulations, 1996, shall now submit their applications online, through SEBI Intermediary Portal at https://siportal.sebi.gov.in.
3. The applicants would be required to upload scanned copy of relevant documents such as any declaration or undertaking or not arised copy of documents as may be prescribed in Securities and Exchange Board of India (Depositories and Participants) Regulations 1996, and keep hard copy of the same to be furnished to SEBI whenever required.
4. Further, all other filings including Annual Financial Statements and Returns, Monthly Development Report, Rules, Bye-laws, etc., shall also be submitted online.
5. The aforesaid online registration and filing system for Depositories is operational. Recognized Depositories are advised to note the same for immediate compliance.
6. Link for SEBI Intermediary Portal is also available on SEBI website – sebi.gov.in. In case of any queries and clarifications, users may refer to the manual provided in the portal or contact the SEBI Portal helpline on 02226449364 or may write at [email protected].
7. This circular is being issued in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 11 (1) of Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 read with Regulation 72 and 73 of Securities and Exchange Board of India (Depositories and Participants) Regulations, 1996 to protect the interest of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate, the securities market.
Deputy General Manager
Tel: +91 22 26449634
e-mail: [email protected]