Shri Arun Jaitley
Hon’ Finance Minister of India
Greetings from CGCTC
Re : Humble request for extension of due date for filling of GSTR 3B for the month of September’ 2018
We, the Central Gujarat Chamber of Tax Consultants would like to draw your kind attention regarding issue of non working of GST portal. Our members as well as the tax payers are facing difficulties in making payment and uploading of GSTR 3B.
This in turn has lead to a situation wherein neither tax is being paid nor the returns are being filed. In case where tax is paid / debited in the bank account of the dealer, the same is not reflected in the Cash ledger of the dealer, forcing the dealer to keep the return filing in abeyance.
It may kindly be noted that if the GST3B would not file today, it would lead to :
1) A dealer is unable to avail Input Tax Credit of any inward supply for F.Y. 2017-18, according to the provisions of Section 16(4).
2) A dealer would be liable to pay late fees automatically from the midnight of last Day of filing of return i.e. 20th Octobert’ 2018, without any default from part of the dealer.
The Government too is losing out revenue due to the issues of system.
We are sure that your Honor would appreciate the concerns raised by us and extend the due date of filing of GSTR 3B for the month of September’ 2018 till 31st December 2018, so that the ITC of FY 2017-18 can’t lapsed and further to make it in tune with due date of filing of Annual Return as mentioned in provision of sec. 16(4) OR in alternate would be pleased to forward before GST Council.
On the part of the Association, we assure you full support and cooperation in creating and fostering a spirit of understanding between the Tax Authorities and Tax Payers as we always have.
for CENTRAL GUJARAT CHAMBER OF TAX CONSULTANTS
(KINJAL K. SHAH)
– Shri Hasmukh Adhia, Revenue Secretary
– Dr. P. D. Vaghela, Chief Commisssioner of GST, State Tax, Ahmedabad.
– Shri Ajay Jain, Chief Commisssioner of GST, Central Tax, Ahmedabad.