FAQs on Reset of email address/ and mobile phone number of Authorized Signatory on GST Portal with Guidelines For Changing Email And Mobile Number Of Primary Authorized Signatories Mentioned At The Time Of Enrolment Or New Registration.
Ans: 1. In case the Primary Authorized Signatory has died or is not traceable, you need to approach relevant jurisdictional Tax Officer to get the password for the GSTIN allotted to your business. You can check your jurisdiction in the Registration Certificate. Alternatively, you can check the Dashboard> My Profile section to check your Jurisdiction.
2. You need to provide valid documentation to validate the business details related to your GSTIN.
3. Tax officer will check if the said person is added as a Stakeholder or Authorized Signatory for that GSTIN in the system.
4. Tax officer will upload sufficient proof on the GST Portal in support to authenticate the activity.
5. Tax officer will enter the email address and mobile phone number provided by you.
6. After upload of document, Tax officer will reset the password for the GSTIN in the system.
7. Username and Temporary password reset will be communicated to the email address as entered by the Tax Officer in your jurisdiction (in the email which is provided to you).
8. Next you need to login to the GST Portal available at https://www.gst.gov.in/ and login using the First time login link. You will be forced to change your username and password after first time login with the Username and Temporary password that was emailed on the updated e-mail address of the Primary Authorized Signatory.
Ans: In case the Primary Authorized Signatory has died or is not traceable, you need to approach relevant jurisdictional Tax Officer to set a new Authorized Signatory in the GST Portal.
You can check your jurisdiction in the Registration Certificate. Alternatively, you can check the My Profile section to check your Jurisdiction.
Ans: Yes, a Jurisdictional Officer can add a taxpayer as an Authorized signatory.
Ans: Yes, a Jurisdictional Officer can add two Authorized Signatories for a single GSTIN but primary Authorized Signatory can only be one.
Ans: Yes, a Jurisdictional Officer can mark an existing promoter/ partner as a Primary Authorized Signatory after proper authentication.
The steps which need to be followed by the user taxpayer for changing of email and mobile number: –
Step-1: Login to GST portal (http://www.gst.gov.in/) with your user id and password.
Step-2: Click on the registration bar and select the non-core amendment.
Step-3: Click on the authorized signatory tab.
Step-4: Add new authorized signatory whose email and mobile number user wants to use.
Step-5: Go to verification tab and submit the application.
Step-6: After submission of application please wait for some time ( 15 minutes).
Step-7: Login again with user id and password.
Step-8: Go to the authorized signatory tab – deselect the primary authorized signatory check box.
Step-9: Select the newly added authorized signatory as primary authorized signatory (Important: Older mobile and email id will be prefetched by the system. Please ensure to change the mobile and email id to which you want to add.)
Step-10: Go to the verification tab and submit,
[Note: For Company/LLP DSC will be allowed. For EVC submission, OTP will come on newly added email/mobile number]
(Republished with amendments)
Disclaimer: The contents of this article are for information purposes only and does not constitute an advice or a legal opinion and are personal views of the author. It is based upon relevant law and/or facts available at that point of time and prepared with due accuracy & reliability. Readers are requested to check and refer relevant provisions of statute, latest judicial pronouncements, circulars, clarifications etc before acting on the basis of the above write up. The possibility of other views on the subject matter cannot be ruled out. By the use of the said information, you agree that Author / TaxGuru is not responsible or liable in any manner for the authenticity, accuracy, completeness, errors or any kind of omissions in this piece of information for any action taken thereof. This is not any kind of advertisement or solicitation of work by a professional.