1. In case the Primary Authorized Signatory has died or is not traceable, you need to approach relevant jurisdictional Tax Officer to retrieve password to the GSTIN allotted to your business. You can check your jurisdiction in the Registration Certificate. Alternatively, you can check the My Profile section to check your Jurisdiction.
2. You need to provide valid documentation to validate the business details related to your GSTIN.
3. Tax officer will check if the said person is added as a Stakeholder or Authorized Signatory for that GSTIN in the system.
4. Tax officer will upload sufficient proof in support to authenticate the activity.
5. Tax officer will enter the email address and mobile phone number provided by you.
6. After upload of document, Tax officer will reset the password for the GSTIN in the system.
7. Username and Temporary password reset will be communicated to the email address as entered by the Tax Officer in your jurisdiction. Next you need to login to the GST Portal available at https://www.gst.gov.in/and login using the First time login link. You will be forced to change your username and password after first time login with the Username and Temporary password that was emailed on the updated e-mail address of the Primary Authorized Signatory.
In case the Primary Authorized Signatory has died or is not traceable, you need to approach relevant jurisdictional Tax Officer to set a new Authorized Signatory in the GST Portal.
You can check your jurisdiction in the Registration Certificate. Alternatively, you can check the My Profile section to check your Jurisdiction.
No, a Jurisdictional Officer cannot add a taxpayer as an Authorized signatory. Jurisdictional officer can only change the e-mail and mobile phone number of an existing Authorized signatory. For adding Authorized signatory, the taxpayer need to follow the core field amendment process.
Yes, a Jurisdictional Officer can mark an existing promoter/ partner as a Primary Authorized Signatory after proper authentication.
The steps which need to be followed by the user taxpayer for changing of email and mobile number: –
Step-1: Login to GST portal (http://www.gst.gov.in/) with your user id and password.
Step-2: Click on the registration bar and select the non-core amendment.
Step-3: Click on the authorized signatory tab.
Step-4: Add new authorized signatory whose email and mobile number user wants to use.
Step-5: Go to verification tab and submit the application.
Step-6: After submission of application please wait for some time ( 15 minutes).
Step-7: Login again with user id and password.
Step-8: Go to the authorized signatory tab – deselect the primary authorized signatory check box.
Step-9: Select the newly added authorized signatory as primary authorized signatory (Important: Older mobile and email id will be prefetched by the system. Please ensure to change the mobile and email id to which you want to add.)
Step-10: Go to the verification tab and submit,
[Note: For Company/LLP DSC will be allowed. For EVC submission, OTP will come on newly added email/mobile number]