CENTRAL BOARD OF INDIRECT TAXES AND CUSTOMS
OFFICE OF THE ADDITIONAL DIRECTOR GENERAL OF SYSTEMS AND DATA MANAGEMENT, BENGALURU
3rd Floor, Sir M. Visveswaraya Kendriya Bhavan, Domlur, Bengaluru – 560 071
SUB: Release of module for Manual upload of Appeal Orders issued offline – Reg
The Bangalore Zonal unit of Directorate of Systems and Data management is entrusted with the task related to the development of modules of Dispute settlement and resolution (DSR), Investigation, Audit, Mobility and E-way Bill related modules. Appeals, Review and Revision is one of the modules encompassed in the comprehensive Dispute Settlement and Resolution(DSR) module. Functionality built for Manual upload of Appeal Orders issued off line by Appellate Authority, is now available for use by the officers. This functionality is mainly built for review section of the commissionerates.
2. The salient features of the module is discussed as under:
This functionality can be used when APL-01/APL-03 had been filed by the appellants online and Apl04/OIA has been issued off line. Thus, pre-requisite for use of this functionality is that APL-01/Apl03 filed online exists in CBIC server. The purpose of this functionality is to help the officer to review online the OIAs issued off line. After usage of this functionality, the officer shall follow the functionalities `Review of Appeal Orders‘ and `Filing of APL-07 by the Tax Department‘ as discussed in Advisory No. 5/2021 dated -07-2021.
(i) When appeal orders issued by Appellate Authority offline (which are not issued in CBIC-GST application) are received in the review section for review process, they need to be first uploaded in the CBIC-GST application which will further create the task for review of these orders (they sync with APL-01/APL-03 filed online by the appellants).
(ii) The Assistant/Deputy Commissioner of the section (path:Menu > GST> Appeal > Upload orders (Appellate / Revisional Authority(pre-go live)) will initiate the process of manual upload of the order. To initiate, Assistant/Deputy needs to enter the required details and click `Submit`. Thereby, task gets created and the system generates a temporary unique no. (Upload Reference No.). The task lands on the dash board of the Superintendent on round robin basis.
(iii) The Superintendent (path: Menu>GST> Task lists> Appeals>Manual upload Order>Pending for Manual Upload) can select a particular “Upload Reference No.” link available in his task list to view the task. Pendency of tasks for uploading of orders are denoted by color codes (<7 days –green, 8 to 15 days – amber, >16 days – red). The Superintendent can scan the Order Document and upload the same after filling the required parameters (For uploading such appeal order, corresponding appeals should have been filed electronically and exists in the CBIC-GST application database, which get sync with the appeal order uploaded using this functionality). The uploaded order gets stored in the CBIC GST database and the system assigns the task for Review of the said Appeal Order to the same superintendent who has completed upload order task.
(iv) The Superintendent has the option to get task by delegating to the task to Inspector (path for Inspector: Menu>GST> Task lists> Appeals>Manual upload Order>Pending for Manual Upload).
3. It is to be noted that the facility for digital signature is not available for the time being, it is advisable to ensure that notices or orders or any documents, which are legal in nature are signed by the respective authorities and issued, in addition to the online issuance of the same.
4. For clear understanding of the process, user manual for “Manual Upload of Appeal Orders” is available on CBIC-GST portal and Antarang portal.
5. In case of any issues regarding functionalities, the officer may raise CBIC-mitra helpdesk ticket (in Support – Log Ticket icon in CBIC-GST application) or send mail to [email protected] Any problems not resolved through CBIC-mitra may be brought to the notice of Directorate of Systems and Data Management, Bengaluru Zonal Unit through email : [email protected]
ADDITIONAL DIRECTOR GENERAL(SYSTEMS)
(1) The Director General Systems & Data Management, New Delhi for information
(2) All the Executive Commissionerates
(3) All the Additional Director General, Systems and Data Management