Government of India
Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue,
Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs
Jawaharlal Nehru Custom House Laboratory,
Nhava Sheva Tal-Uran, Dist-Raigad, Maharashtra – 400707
Tel. No. 022-27240261, Email ID- email@example.com
PUBLIC NOTICE No. 100/2019-JNCH
Subject: ICES Advisory 25/2019 – New Changes in the Bill of Entry Filing – SIMS and Expansion of e-Sanchit – reg.
Kind reference is invited to DGFT Notification No 17/2015-20 dated 05.09.2019 and the follow up DGFT Circular Dated 04.10.2019 on the introduction of the Steel Import and Monitoring System. The notification dated 05.09.2019 amends the import policy from ‘free’ to ‘free subject to compulsory registration under Steel Import Monitoring Mechanism (SIMS)’ for certain goods from Chapter 72, 73 and 86 pf ITC (HS) , 2017 as annexed to the notification. In the FAQs published vide the above circular dated 05.09.2019, DGFT has clarified that SIMS registration is not required for air shipments and in case of returnable racks. The new dispensation is coming into effect from 01.11.2019, after which the declaration of SIMS registration number and Expiry date will become mandatory in the Bills of Entry filed for the goods as specified in the notification. W.e.f. 01.11.2019, the importer/CHA will have to declare the required details in the Single Window table of the Bill of Entry:
2. For HSN listed in the above notification on SIMS, following additional declaration should be made in the Single Window Declaration:
Info_type = PNM ; INFO_QFR = SIU ;
For all the applicable cases, INFO_CODE = SIUNAPL and INFO_Text = <STL><Numeric></DDMMYYYY>.
(Actual SIMSURN, i.e. SIMS registration number should be given after prefix STL in the above format in info_text column. The Date indicating the Expiry date. E.g STL123/10122019)
For Air Shipments, INFO_CODE = SIUNAF and INFO_Text = SIUN000 should be declared
For Returnable Racks, INFO_CODE = SIUNRR and INFO_Text = SIUN000 should be declared
3. It may be kept in mind that this information is being collected by the System as declared by the importer.
4. Another change becoming effective from 15.11.2019 is mandatory uploading of Invoice and Bill of Lading in eSanchit for every Bill of Entry and subsequent declaration of document code and IRNs in the BE. Currently, in imports, uploading of atleast one document in eSanchit is mandatory for every Bill of Entry. This is now being extended to mandatorily upload at least the supporting documents made compulsory by law (Invoice cum Packing list and Bill of Lading). e.f. 15.11.2019, for every Invoice and Bill of Lading declared in the BoE, the reference of IRN generated from eSanchit with the relevant document code as given below must be provided:
I. Invoice : (one of the two) – for every invoice
380000 – Invoice
331000 – Invoice cum packing List
II. Transport Contract : (one of the below) – for every BL in the IGM
704000 – Master Bill of Lading
714000 – House Bill of Lading
705000 – Bill of Lading
703000 – House waybill
709000 – Tanker Bill of Lading
710000 – Sea Way Bill ( Non Negotiable)
711000 – Inland Waterway Bill of Lading
740000 – Air waybill
741000 –Master air waybill
700000 – Way Bill ( Non Negotiable)
5. The above changes have been separately communicated to the various CHA associations and
RES software providers by DG Systems.
6. In case of any difficulty, the specific issue may be brought to the notice of the Additional Commissioner of Customs in Charge of EDI, JNCH.
7. Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice should be considered as Standing Order for the purpose of officers and staff.
SUNIL KUMAR MALL
Commissioner of Customs, NS-I
In-charge of EDI JNCH, Nhava Sheva
1. The Pr. Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G, NS-II, NS-III, NS-Audit, NS-V, JNCH.
3. All Additional /Joint Commissioner/DC/DC of Customs, JNCH.
4. Representative of BCBA/FIEO for information and circulation among their members.
5. DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately.