Tel No. 011-26172671
EMPLOYEES’ PROVIDENT FUND ORGANISATION
(Ministry of Latour & Employment, Govt. of India)
Bhavishya Nidhi Bhawan, 11, Bhikaip Cama Place, New Delhi – 110 066
No. Pension-I/17(1)/2016/Jeevan Pramaan/31402
Dated: 15 FEB 2017
All Addl. Central P.F. Commissioner (Zones)
All Regional P.F. Commissioners (In-Charge of Region)/Sub Regional Offices
Sub: Submission of Life Certificate for Pensioners through Jeevan Pramaan Patra – regarding.
Ref: (i) Notification No.S0 26(E) for submission of Aadhaar as identity document by the pensioners and members of the EPS-95.
(ii) Head Office letter No. Pension-I/17 (10)/2016-17/3eevan Pramaan/ 17965 dated 20.01.2017.
The Gazette notification No. S0 26(E) was circulated vide this office letter No.Pension-I/17(1)/2016-17/Jeevan Pramaan/17197 dated 09.01.2017. As per the said notification members and pensioners of the EPS-95 desirous of continuing to avail pension and the Central Government contribution and subsidy under the said scheme are required to furnish proof of the possession of the Aadhaar Number or make an application for Aadhaar enrolment by 31s‘ January, 2017.
2. The date of submission of life certificate by pensioners under Employees’ Pension Scheme 1995 was extended upto 28.02.2017 vide Head Office letter Pension-I/17(1) 2016/Jeevan/Pramaan/613 dated 16.01.2017 in order to facilitate the pensioners to submit life certificate through Aadhaar based Jeevan Pramaan system during the extended period.
3. However, various references have been received from field offices requesting to extend the date of submission of life certificate through Jeevan Pramaan as many of the pensioners have still not submitted Aadhaar authenticated Jeevan Pramaan as Life Certificate for continuation of drawal of pension. Some of the pensioners have submitted the Life Certificate in the document form, who are also required to submit Jeevan Pramaan through digitally signed Aadhaar linked Jeevan Pramaan in place of document based life certificates already submitted.
4. In order to facilitate the pensioners in submission of Jeevan Pramaan Patra digitally it has been decided to further extend the date of submission of Digital Life Certificate through Jeevan Pramaan Patra upto 31.03.2017. It is requested to regulate the payment of pension accordingly, till the month of March, 2017 and facilitate pensioners in submission of Jeevan Pramaan Patra/Aadhaar number for the members of the EPS-1995.
5. Further, based on the notification first cited, it is hereby informed that all the members of EPS-1995 should also submit Aadhaar number authentication on or before 31.03.2017 so as to facilitate services to them.
6. Instructions issued vide letter dated 21.01.2017 should be scrupulously followed and facility to the pensioners and members of the EPS-1995 in submission of Aadhaar as identity document should be extended fully through various resource centers and the offices of the EPFO.
(This issues with the approval of CPFC).
(Dr. S.K. Thakur)
Addl. Central P.F. Commissioner-I (Pension)