DIRECTORATE OF INCOME TAX (SYSTEMS)
ARA Centre, Ground Floor, E-2, Jhandewalan Extension,
New Delhi -110055
ITBA-Portal Instruction No.2
F. No. System/ITBA/Instruction/Portal/15-16/157 Dated: 15-02-2017
The Principal Chief Commissioners of Income-tax/CCsIT (By Name)
Ahmedabad/ Allahabad/ Amritsar/ Bangalore/ Baroda/ Bhopal/ Bhubaneshwar/Bareilly/ Chandigarh/ Chennai/ Cochin/ Coimbatore/ Dehradun/ Delhi/ Durgapur/Guwahati/ Hubli/ Hyderabad/ Indore/ Jaipur/ Jalpaiguri/ Jodhpur/ Kanpur/ Kolkata/Lucknow/Ludhiana/Madurai/Meerut/Mumbai/Nagpur/Nashik/Panaji/Panchkula/ Patna/ Pune/ Raipur/ Rajkot/ Ranchi/ Shimla/ Shillong/ Surat/ Thane/Trichy/ Trivandrum/ Udaipur/ Vishakhapatnam; and
The Principal Commissioner of Income-tax/CsIT/CsIT(C0)(By Name)
Agra/Bikaner/Calicut/Dhanbad/Gandhinagar/Gwalior/Jabalpur/Jalandhar/Kolhapur/Muzzaffarpur/Mysore/Patiala/Rohtak/Sambalpur/Varanasi/Vijaywada/ Delhi(C0)/ Mumbai(C0)/ Chennai(C0)/ Ahmedabad(C0)/ Bangalore(C0)/Bhopal(C0)/Bhubaneshwar(C0)/Kolkata(C0)/Cochin(C0)/Chandigarh(C0)/Hyderabad(C0)/Jaipur(C0)/Kanpur(C0)/Patna(C0)/Pune(C0)/Guwahati(C0)/Nagpur(C0)/ Lucknow(C0).
Sub: Launch of Wikis & Blogs Functionality in ITBA Portal – reg.
This is in reference to the subject mentioned above. The functionality of Wikis & Blogs under ITBA Portal has been rolled out w.e.f. 13th February, 2017.
2. Wikis & Blogs functionality in the ITBA portal can be accessed by entering the following URL in the browser:-
The path for the functionality is:-
ITBA Portal —>Login –> Collaboration
The functionality will be made available through Portal Collaboration.
3. Details of the Functionality are as under:-
• ITBA Blogs, accessed through the ITBA Portal, is an online journal to share information within the Income Tax Department in an efficient, dynamic way.
Following are the task and activities that can be performed in Blogs:
• Any authorised user, has right to create a new Blog, comment on the existing blog; like/mark the blog as offensive.
• Blogs marked as Offensive would be reviewed by Moderator and after proper review it can be either restored or deleted.
• Blogs list along with creation date and Author would be available according to the date of creation.
• Wiki is a platform which allows collaborative addition, modification and extension of its content and structure through the perpetual collective work of many authors.
• Wikis can serve many different purposes within the department, including growing a knowledge base around the Income Tax area, best practices followed in the field or to provide how to use cases for other departmental users.
Following are the task and activities that can be performed in Wikis:
• All the Wikis would be listed according to the category along with creation date and Author.
• Any authorised user, has right to create a new Wiki and add the same to any of the specified category list in dropdown.
• Other user has the just right to view the Wikis and in case of issue mark the same as Offensive.
• Wikis marked as Offensive would be reviewed by Moderator and after proper review it can be either restored or deleted.
4. Relevant users will need their individual name based department email IDs and RSA tokens. The username and passwords will be communicated on their respective email ID. The log in to the system will be through the username and password (sent on individual email ID) along with the RSA token over the Taxnet nodes. Users are advised to contact their respective RCC Admin for name based department email IDs.
5. Users on Windows XP system are advised to download the Chrome (version 43) or Firefox (version 36) browser (if unavailable) from ITBA Portal -> Download Pre -Requisites to access the new ITBA application.
6. Training material including user manual, help content and frequently asked questions (FAQs) are available on ITBA Portal -> Online Training on ITBA. Users can refer to these online resources in case of any problem. Users can access the online training functionality to access the following: User Manual, Frequently Asked Questions.
7. Users are advised to contact ITBA Helpdesk in the case of any issues in respect of the ITBA.
(a) URL of helpdesk – http://itbahelpdesk.incometax.net
(b) Help desk number — 0120-2772828 – 42
(c) Email ID —helpdesk email@example.com
(d) Help desk Timings —8.30 A.M. —7.30 P.M. (Monday to Friday)
8. The above may kindly be brought to the notice of all relevant users working under your charge and for any clarification/difficulties in this regard, user may be advised to contact ITBA Helpdesk.
ADG(S)-3, New Delhi