EMPLOYEES’ PROVIDENT FUND ORGANIZATION
(Ministry of Labor & Employment, Govt. of India)
Bhavishya Nidhi Bhawan, 14, Bhikaiji cama Place, New Delhi – 110 066.
No: IWU/7(54)2013/C.O.C. Dated: 18 MAY 2017
All ACC (HQ)/ACC-1/ACC-II (Zones)
All RPFC-1/RPFC- fl s (Regional Offices)
Subject:- Issue of Certificate of Coverage – reg.
The Ministry of external affairs recently conducted stock taking meetings to review the working of some of the SSA’s with the concerned countries. Many discrepancies have been pointed out in the issue of COCs which as are under:-
1. In certain cases COCs were issued for a period which commenced much later than the date of posting of the Indian worker in the host countries for employment.
2. In some cases, COCs coverage period exceeded 60 months or the specified period in the SSA without derogation from the competent authority.
3. In certain instances, more than a single COC had been issued to the same posted worker thereby resulting in an overlapping of the period of coverage.
4. Cases had been discovered in which several COCs were delivered to the Indian posted workers, with gaps in between, resulting in lack of social security coverage for these workers during this time.
In order to mitigate the above concerns, following actions may be taken by the field offices:-
I. The employer be advised to submit the application form for COC one month in advance as far as possible.
2. COC may be issued prior to departure of the employee from India as far as possible.
3. COC period should not exceed 60 months or the specified period in the SSA with that country without derogation from the competent authority.
4. COC should not be issued for a period which commence much later than date of posting of the Indian worker in the host country for employment.
5. There should not be any overlapping of the period of coverage.
6. There should not be gaps when more than one COC is issued to the same posted worker as these result in lack of Social Security coverage during the gaps.
This issue with the approval of CPFC)
ADDI. Central PF Commissioner-II (IWU)