Securities and Exchange Broad of India
October 24, 2011
The Managing Directors / Chief Executive Officers/
Officiating Executive Directors of all the Stock Exchanges.
Dear Sir / Madam,
Sub.: Reporting format under Regulation 11 of Securities Contracts (Regulation) (Manner of Increasing and Maintaining Public Shareholding in Recognised Stock Exchanges) Regulations, 2006
1. Securities Contracts (Regulation) (Manner of Increasing and Maintaining Public Shareholding in Recognised Stock Exchanges) Regulations, 2006 hereinafter referred as ‘MIMPS Regulations’ were notified on November 13, 2006 and came into force from the date of publication.
2. Regulation 11 of MIMPS Regulations inter alia prescribes certain obligations on the recognised stock exchanges pertaining to their shareholding including submission of a report to SEBI within 15 days from the end of each quarter.
3. In this regard, it has been observed that stock exchanges have been submitting the said report in different formats. Accordingly, it has been decided to standardize the format of reporting of shareholding pattern of the recognised stock exchange under MIMPS Regulations.
4. The stock exchanges are therefore advised to ensure the submission of the report under MIMPS Regulations on a quarterly basis within the aforesaid prescribed time period, as per the format given at Annexure-A.
5. The stock exchanges are directed to communicate to SEBI, the status of the implementation of the provisions of this circular in their Monthly / Quarterly Development Report.
6. This circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 read with Section 1 2A of Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956, to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities markets.
7. This circular is available on SEBI website at www.sebi.gov.in.