Many times, we faced this situation where we have TAN but we do not have any transaction for which we need to file any TDS return for that quarter. So in such situation most of people just don’t file return as well as they don’t even intimate regarding this to the department. Due to this practice of non-intimation, the Income Tax department has been finding it difficult to differentiate between the following two types of deductors.
1. Deductors required to file return but not filed.
2. Deductors not required to file return due to NIL TDS
Henceforth, the Department has introduced a new functionality in the TRACES site wherein the persons who are not required to submit a return of TDS due to non applicability in any particular quarter shall have to submit a Declaration for the same on TRACES.
1. Login through your registered id at www.tdscppc.gov.in ( TRACES site)
2. Go to “Statement/Payments TAB after login > Declaration for Non filing of TDS statement (as shown in the image below).
3. Fill the details require such as Financial Year, Quarter, Form Type, reason for non filing of return. After that click on ‘Add Statement Details’
4. Once the statement is added, click on proceed and then check the declaration box provided by the department.
5. Once you agree with the declaration, verify the details and proceed the transaction
6. The deductor will received the confirmation E-mail for the same on their registered email ID
Traces website has provided the pictorial E-tutorial for the same on their site for user’s better understanding. The link for the same is as under: https://contents.tdscpc.gov.in/en/declaration-of-non-filing.html
Republished with Amendments