Government of India/Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue/Central Board of Direct Taxes
Directorate General of Income-tax (IIRD)
2nd Floor, Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium,
Gate No. 1, New Delhi – 110003
All Pr. CCsIT/CCsIT(CCA)/DGsIT
Sub: Filling up the posts of Members of the Central Board of Direct Tax (CBDT) under the Department of Revenue–reg.
Please refer to the above.
2. In this regard, the undersigned is directed to enclose a vacancy circular dated 10.04.2019 in respect of Group ‘A” Officers inviting application from eligible officers for the post of Members of the Central Board of Direct Tax (CBDT) under the Department of Revenue, with a request that the above Vacancy Circular may he circulated to all the concerned officers and names of suitable/willing officers may be forwarded to the office of Pr. DGIT (HRD), New Delhi for further necessary action.
3. The willing officers are requested to go through the instructions as laid down in this Office letter no. HRD/CM/106/121/2013-14/Deputation Policy/6746 dated 08.02.2019, which was uploaded in www.irsofficersonline.gov.in on 08.02.2019, while applying for the above mentioned post. The gist of the instructions is reproduced below for ready reference:
4. The last date of submission of applications as per vacancy circular is 09.05.2019.
5. This issues with the approval of the Pr. DGIT (HRD), New.
Encl: As Above
Income Tax Officer,
(IIRD)-3, New Delhi
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 10t” April, 2019
Subject: Selection for the post of Members of the Central Board of Direct Tax(CBDT) under the Department of Revenue- reg.
The undersigned is directed to state that one post of Member in the Central Board of Direct Tax(CBDT) in the Department of Revenue in the Level 17 of the pay matrix 2,25,000/- has fallen vacant w.e.f. 16.02.2019 during the financial year 2018-19. The following categories of officers are eligible for appointment to this post:
Officers of the Central Government having one year regular service in level 15 in the pay matrix Rs. 1,82,200 – Rs. 2,24,400/-.
and possessing the following essential qualifications, namely:-
(i) having fifteen years of experience in administering and running the direct tax administration in the Central Government with ten years of experience in the field formations of Central Board of Direct Taxes;
(ii) having high professional merit and excellence; and
(iii) having impeccable reputation of integrity.
Note 1: The normal eligibility conditions of maximum age of 56 years on the date of closing of applications shall not be applicable in cases of absorption.
Note 2: No person with less than one year residual service on the date of occurrence of vacancy shall be eligible for appointment against the vacancy.
2. For detailed terms and conditions, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (Chairman and Members) Recruitment Rulcs, 2017, as amended on 17.07.2017, may be seen, which are available on the website of this Department http://dor.gov.in/acts rules. Those who fulfil the eligibility criteria as on the date of occurrence of respective vacancy will be considered.
3. All eligible officers may forward their applications through the Cadre Controlling Authority latest by 09.05.2019, in the enclosed proforma. Advance copies of applications received in the Revenue (Headquarters) will not be entertained.
4. The officers, who had applied in response to earlier vacancy circulars for the posts of Member, CBDT against the vacancy dated 01.10.2018 and also eligible against this vacancy, should apply again if they are willing to be considered for this vacancy dated 16.02.2019.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Tele 14 2309 3277
1. Chairman, CBDT with the request to circulate the vacancies among all the eligible officers.
2. President, ITAT with the request to circulate the vacancies among all the eligible Members of ITAT to enable them to send their applications and to forward their applications along with cadre and vigilance clearance (in Part B C) not later than 05.2019.
3. Secretary, Department of Legal Affairs for information and necessary
4. Joint Secretary (Admn.-CBDT) with the request to forward the applications of the all the eligible officers along with cadre and vigilance clearance (in Part B far, C) not later than 05.2019.
5. Section officer, Computer Cell, Department of Revenue, with the request that this circular be posted on the official website of the Department of Revenue.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
PROFORMA FOR APPLICATION TO THE POST OF
MEMBER, CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES
Circular No.A.12026/ 18 /2018-Ad.I dated 10.04.2019
PART – A
2. DATE OF BIRTH
4. PRESENT POST / ORGANIZATION
6. DATE FROM WHICH WORKING IN LEVEL 15 OR ABOVE OF PAY MATRIX :
7. DETAILS OF EXPERIENCE IN ADMINISTERING & RUNNING THE DIRECT TAX ADMINISTRATION IN THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT
(EXPERIENCE OTHER THAN THAT SPECIFIED SHOULD NOT BE INDICATED)
|S.NO.||POST HELD||PERIOD OF POSTING WITH SPECIFIC DATES||WHETHER FIELD FORMATION OF CBDT OR NOT|
8. BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF WORK THAT CAN BE CLASSIFIED AS THAT OF HIGH PROFESSIONAL MERIT & EXCELLENCE IN THE ENTIRE CAREER (NOT MORE THAN 100 WORDS)
9. DATE OF SUPERANNUATION
1. I certify that the foregoing information is correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief and nothing has been concealed/ distorted. If at any time I found to have concealed/distorted any material information; my appointment shall be liable to summary termination without. notice.
2. I shall not withdraw my candidature after the meeting of the Selection Committee.
3. I shall nut decline the appointment, if selected for appointment by the ACC.
4. I will join within 30 days from the date of issue of order of appointment.
5. I am aware that in case I violate any of the conditions mentioned at SI.No.2 to 4, the Government of India is likelyto debar me for a period of three years for consideration for appointment outside the cadre and in any Autonomous Body/Statutory Body/Regulatory Body.
Signature of the candidate
Tel No. & Mobile No.
(TO BE FILLED & SIGNED BY THE CADRE CONTROLLING AUTHORITY)
(INDICATE “YES” OR “NO” IN THE BOX PROVIDED)
1. Whether details of experience in administering & running the direct tax administration in the Central Government with at least 10 years of experience in the field formations of the Central Board of
Direct Taxes indicated by the applicant in Part -A are correct as per records:
2. Whether full History of Posting of the officer is furnished: (Please give detailed history of postings)
3. Whether cadre clearance is being granted for this post:
4. Whether the office is clear from vigilance angle
5. Whether upto date vigilance status in the attached format is enclosed
(Signature & seal of the cadre controlling authority)
PART — C
PARTICULARS OF THE OFFICERS FOR WHOM VIGILANCE CLEARANCE IS
( To be furnished and signed by the CVO or HOD)
1. Name of the Officer(in full) :
2. Father’s name
3. Date of Birth
4. Date of Retirement
5. Date of entry into service
6. Service to which the officer
Belongs including batch/year
/cadre etc. wherever applicable:
7. Positions Held ( during ten preceding years):
|Organisation (name in full)
|Designation & Place of Posting||Administrative/ nodal Ministry/ Department concerned( in case of officers of PSUs etc)||From
8. Whether the officer has been placed on the Agreed List or List of Officers of Doubtful Integrity(If yes, details to be given)
9. Whether any allegation of misconduct involving vigilance angle was examined against the officer during the last 10 years and if so with what result(*)
10.Whether any punishment was awarded to the Officer during the last 10 years and if so the date of imposition and details of penalty(*)
11. Is any disciplinary/ criminal proceedings or Charge sheet pending against the officer as On date ( if so, details to be furnished, including Reference number, if any of the Commission)
12. Is any action contemplated against the officer As on date( if so, details to be furnished)(*)
(NAME AND SIGNATURE)
(*) If vigilance clearance had been obtained from the Commission in the past, the information may be provided for the period thereafter.