Subject: Trial run of Offline Tool of New Return of GST, for familiarisation & feedback by the taxpayers-Reg.
You would be aware that shortly the existing Return formats are proposed to be replaced with the New Return format from a date to be notified.
2. New Return filing System: In the proposed system of new GST Return filing, you would be required to file FORM GST RET-1/2/3, on the basis of option selected. The Annexure of Supplies in Form GST ANX-1 i.e. supply commonly called sales, made by you and the Annexure of Inward Supplies in Form GST ANX-2 i.e. purchases made by you, will be uploaded prior to filing of these returns. The taxpayer will also be required to take action on Form GST ANX-2, which will contain details of inward supplies auto-populated from the suppliers GST ANX-1, Form GSTR-5 and Form GSTR-6.
3. Purpose of Trial: The purpose behind release of GST New Return Offline Tool on trial basis is to enable familiarization of stakeholders with tools functionalities and to get their feedback/suggestions to improve the tool further before its actual deployment. All taxpayers are welcome to use the trial version and share their feedback/suggestions. At some places, you may find word “Beta” on GST portal and the intent is the same as “Trial version”.
4. Trial of New Return Offline Tool: GSTN has released trial version of the New Returns Offline Tool of Form GST ANX-1, Form GST ANX-2 (with Matching Tool built in it) and a template for Purchase Register which will be used to import data of purchase register for matching. The Offline tool is available on GST portal under Download section. The detailed guidelines for using the tool is provided in the ‘Help’ section, on each page of the tool. Also, detailed User Manual and Help is also available on the GST Portal under ‘Help’ section.
5. Components of the Offline Tool : The New Return Offline Tool has following main components:
i. Form GST ANX-1: for preparing outward supplies details by entering details for each document or by importing from an excel file. The template of excel sheet is also available along with the Tool.
ii. Form GST ANX-2: for preparing inward supplies details by taking action on the auto-drafted version.
iii. Matching Tool: for matching of data of GST ANX-2, downloaded from GST Portal with Purchase Register.
6. Facilities made available: In this release you will be able to create JSON File (using New Return Offline Tool) of GST ANX-1, after logging into the Portal. This data will be auto-populated in the GST ANX-2 of the recipient taxpayer. The recipient taxpayer can download GST ANX-2 and use New Return Offline Tool to take actions and create JSON File for uploading on GST Portal. In trial version some facilities will not be available to you like, Data uploaded by recipient taxpayer will not be flowing to supplier taxpayer (for editing) in this release (this will be made available soon). Further, you can only add data in GST ANX-1/2 through JSON File created using New Return Offline Tool (and cannot add or view data Online on the GST Portal in this trial release).
7. No Liability creation during Trial: It may be noted that during trial, documents/ data uploaded by you on GST Portal, will not create any liability for you in GST. This data will be separate and visible only to you and your particular buyers (to which uploaded data pertains). Your GST liability will continue to be reported/ paid by you in Form GSTR1/3B during this period, as is being done by you now. After the trial period is over the data created/ entered by the Taxpayers in GST ANX-1/2 will be completely erased and no part of it will be retained on the portal.
8. Using the Offline Tool: You can download the tool, create a profile in it and there-after enter your supplies data in Form GST ANX-1. You can then upload the data of your supplies received on GST Portal, after logging into GST Portal. This data will appear in the Form GST ANX-2 of the recipient taxpayers. Recipient taxpayers can download this data and use GST New Return offline tool to take actions of Accept, Reject or Keep Pending and then upload this data on GST Portal. You can use the tool to enter data from July, 2019 onwards, during the trial period.
9. Matching with Purchase Register: You can also import your purchase register in the tool, if you have kept all your purchase data in the format provided along with the offline tool. You can, thus, compare data of your purchase register with the GST ANX 2 data (as downloaded from GST Portal), before taking action on these documents, using the Matching Tool.
10. Help Available to Taxpayers: You can visit Help Section of GST Portal (https://www.gst.gov.in/help/helpmodules/) to view the User Manual and FAQ provided for GST New Return Offline Tool, during the Trial Run. The taxpayers can also go through the detailed guidelines for using the tool as provided in the Help, on top right corner of each page of the tool.
11. Giving Feedback: You are requested to use the New Return Offline Tool extensively and give your feedback on the functionality available in the Tool at the Grievance Redressal Portal by clicking on https://selfservice.gstsystem.in/ and selecting FEEDBACK ON NEW RETURNS Tab. It may be noted that the feedback given by you will be used for making changes/ enhancements in the tool. You are also requested to attach screenshots and other relevant material while giving your feedback. You may also suggest inclusion of any feature (with details) to make the Tool more useful for the end-users.
Don’t Forget to check this sales tax new portal.