Information on rejection of invoices on upload of Portal prepared by using Offline Tool
1. It is observed that a large number of invoices, prepared using offline tool, on upload by the taxpayers on the portal, are rejected.
2. One key reason is that the taxpayers are using excel template to prepare and upload the details of invoices, which are (actually) auto-populated and available in his Form GSTR 2/2A, from a submitted Form GSTR 1 of a supplier taxpayer.
3. It should be noted that the excel template provided, has to be used only for adding missing invoice details, which have not been uploaded by the suppliers in his (submitted) Form GSTR 1.
4. Auto-populated invoice details of (submitted) Form GSTR 1 of supplier taxpayer, have to be necessarily downloaded from the portal and then one of the actions of Accept/ Reject/ Pending/ Modifying has to be taken in the java offline tool by the receiver taxpayer. Please note that these invoices should not be added by receiver taxpayer by using facility of add Missing invoice functionality.
5. The JSON file should then be generated in the offline tool and uploaded to the portal.