F.No.209/16/2001-CX.6 – Dated 4th March, 2010
Subject:-Export warehousing –Extension of facility at Gautam Budh Nagar in the state of Utter Pradesh and Nagpur in the state of Maharashtra – regarding.
I am directed to refer to Board’s Circular No. 581/18/2001-CX dated 29th June, 2001 which inter-alia, specifies conditions, procedures, class of exporters and places under sub-rule (2) of rule 20 of Central Excise Rules, 2002 for warehousing of excisable goods for the purpose of export. In paragraph 2(2) of the said Circular, the Board has specified places where warehouses may be established. The Board has received representations from the trade as well as field formations to include Gautam Budh Nagar in the state of Utter Pradesh and Nagpur in the state of Maharashtra in the list of places mentioned in the said Circular.
2. The matter has been examined. Board is of the view that extension of the facility of export warehousing to Gautam Budh Nagar district in the state of Uttar Pradesh and Nagpur district in the state of Maharashtra would facilitate the trade and industry. Accordingly, it is decided to amend paragraph 2(2) of the said Circular dated 29.6.2001 to include Gautam Budh Nagar district in the state of Uttar Pradesh and Nagpur district in the state of Maharashtra.
3. In the said paragraph, after the words “district of Thiruvallur in the state of Tamilnadu” the following shall be added;
“and the district of Gautam Budh Nagar in the state of Uttar Pradesh and the district of Nagpur in the state of Maharashtra”
4. The field formations may suitably be informed.
5. Receipt of this Circular may please be acknowledged.
6. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
|Issued by :-
Government of India
The Director General(All)
The Chief Commissioner of Central Excise(All)
The Commissioner of Central Excise(All)