OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS, NHAVA SHEVA-III
MUMBAI CUSTOMS ZONE-II JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA
SHEVA, TAL: – URAN, DIST: RAIGAD. PIN – 400 707.
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 134/2018
Subject: – Procedure to be followed for “Manual correction in EDI Bills of Entry JNCH -Reg.
Attention of the Importers, Exporters, Customs Brokers and other stakeholders coming under the jurisdiction of Jawaharlal Nehru Customs House (JNCH), Nhava Sheva and all other stakeholders is invited towards “present practice being observed for taking delivery of consignment after out of charge (OOC) has been obtained but error is detected generally in “Container No” as declared in the Bill of Entry.
2. As per the practice being followed till date, in such cases importers or their authorised Customs Broker have been taking hard copy of the EDI Bill of Entry to “Import Noting Section” of JNCH and obtaining manual endorsement on such copy of Bill of Entry after verification of correct Container No from Import General Manifest (IGM) by “Import Noting section”. Such containers were allowed delivery on the basis of such amendments. However, no amendments were carried out in Electronic Bill of Entry filed in the ICES and no amendment fees were paid.
3. Similar procedure was being followed in cases where there was error in declaration of type of container (LCL /FCL) or where “Container No” was not at all mentioned in the Bill of Entry.
4. After introduction of e-Sanchit vide Public Notice No. 31/2018, dated 01.03.2018, earlier system of deposit of hard copy of EDI Bill of Entry has been discontinued. Moreover, correction of wrong particulars entered in the Bill of Entry is actually “amendment process”, which is required to be carried out in the system after payment of amendment fees.
5. In view of above, it has been decided to discontinue the existing manual endorsement procedure being followed at Nhava Sheva. Following procedure would be required to be followed by Importer / Customs Brokers in such cases:
i. In case error / mistake is noticed / detected prior to obtaining OOC, the Importer or his Customs Broker have to approach respective group for amendment before taking “Out of Charge”. The step by step procedure would be as under:
a. Approach Group for approval of amendment
b. Approach Service Centre for amendment
c. Approval of amendment by Group in the system
d. Forwarding BE to docks / RMS Facilitation Cell for OOC
ii. In case, error / mistake is detected after “OOC” has been obtained, OOC has to be cancelled and Bill of Entry would be recalled by the concerned Group for amendment and correction in Container number / other particulars as discussed above. The step by step procedure would be as under:
a. Approach Group for approval of amendment
b. Approach EDI for cancellation of OOC
c. Recall of BE by Group
d. Approach Service Centre for amendment
e. Approval of amendment by Group in the system
f. Forwarding BE to docks / RMS Facilitation Cell for OOC
iii. DC/ AC Groups and DC / AC EDI have been advised to approve such amendment requests on priority (within 2 hours of receipt of request).
6. It is also advised that Custom Brokers should be more systematic and sincere while filing Bills of Entry to avoid such typing mistakes as such mistakes not only delays the clearance but also increases cost.
7. Applicable fee of such amendment in system to be paid. [Please refer Notification 36/201 7-Cus (NT), dated 11.04.2017(Levy of Fees (Customs Documents) Amendment Regulations, 2017) regarding amendment of Bill of Entry under Section 149 of Customs Act, 1962]
8. In case of any difficulty, the specific issue may be brought to the notice of Additional Commissioner in charge of ‘RMS Facilitation Cell’, NS-III.
9. Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice should be considered as standing order for the purpose of officers and staff.
10. Revised procedure as specified in this Public Notice will be effective from 5th October 2018.
Commissioner of Customs (NS-III)
1. The Chief Commissioner of Custom, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G, NS-I, NS-II, NS-IV, NS-V, JNCH.
3. All Additional / Joint Commissioners of Customs, JNCH.
4. All Deputy / Assistant Commissioners of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Sections/Groups of NS-G, NS-I, NS-II, NS-III, NS-IV, NS-V, JNCH.
6. Representative of BCBA / FIEO for information and circulation among their members for information.
7. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website.